Binary memory output.
Author Message
 Binary memory output.

Hi!

I am making a programm, in which reads an "balck an white" image from
file in memory and shows it on screen more times. I have made a
programm, which shows Windows Paint image (*.bmp), but this image is
colored and take more space and time to show it. I need only "black and
white" image so I thought, I can save this image in foramt:
black - bit 0
white - bit 1
This image will take not so much space.
But I don't know, how to output memory (like it is saved in computer) in
0 and 1.

~Maris~

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Binary memory output.

Quote:

> Hi!

> I am making a programm, in which reads an "balck an white" image from
> file in memory and shows it on screen more times. I have made a
> programm, which shows Windows Paint image (*.bmp), but this image is
> colored and take more space and time to show it. I need only "black and
> white" image so I thought, I can save this image in foramt:
> black - bit 0
> white - bit 1
> This image will take not so much space.
> But I don't know, how to output memory (like it is saved in computer) in
> 0 and 1.

> ~Maris~

  This way you will get 8 pixels per byte. But you cannot output bits to
memory as such, so you will have to construct each byte yourself, and
then output the bytes to memory.

  For instance,

  BBWWBWBW   ->   00110101  ->  $35

  So, in this case, you would write the byte $35 to mem.

        - Bob

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. reading binary file and outputting to standard output (screen)

2. problems reading binary file, and outputting to screen.

3. Conversion from Decimal to Binary and outputting 1 or 0

4. Standard Input/Output (with Binary Data)

5. Saving Binary Data to a Paradox Binary Field via Code

6. Converting binary (text file) to compress binary file

7. Free Pascal Q: How can I get the compiler to output a flat 32bit binary with no header etc.

8. OutText produces bad output on screen?

9. question: output window

10. How do I printer user output screen

11. How to print user screen output?

12. printing output screen