3D rotation with mouse ?
Author Message
 3D rotation with mouse ?

Hi All !!!

I have one little question:

I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

So,if u know how to make it turn in ALL 3D direction plz e-mail me

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?
Don't rotate all axes at the same time! Choose axis by x/y/z key and use
mouse left/right to rotate. It works well.
Quote:

>Hi All !!!

>I have one little question:

>I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

>And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

>So,if u know how to make it turn in ALL 3D direction plz e-mail me

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?

>I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

>And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

 with left,right     turn left/right
 with up,down    turn up/down

 where is the problem ???

 Ok ... Left button up,down --- zoom in/out

 CA; Andre.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?

Quote:

> Hi,

> >I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

> >And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

>  with left,right     turn left/right
>  with up,down    turn up/down

>  where is the problem ???

>  Ok ... Left button up,down --- zoom in/out

>  CA; Andre.

Is this like what the Arcball code does?  The source code can be found in
one of the graphics gems books...

Justin
Justin Kidder, Research Asst.   |   Automation and Robotics Laboratory

               Home page:   http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?
Hello, Yarik!
Here the answer:
When you move mouse Up & Down it should rotate around the Y axis....
When user moves Left & Right it should rotate around the X axis then you

can see
whole ffigure even with 2 directions mouse.

|x   / z
|   /
|  /
| /
|/______y
fig.1 - AXISes

WARNING: If you will ever send this message to newsgroups we will have
to ask your ISP to refuse your access to newsgroups because you are
SPAMMING!

Quote:

> Hi All !!!

> I have one little question:

> I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

> And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

> So,if u know how to make it turn in ALL 3D direction plz e-mail me

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?

Quote:
>Hi All !!!

>I have one little question:

>I need to rotate 3D object on the screen using mouse.

>And as u all well know it has only _2_ directions.

Try reading some of the dozens of responses to your
same {*filter*}ing question. This is, what, the 4th time
you've posted this. Every time, people have responded.

Quote:
>So,if u know how to make it turn in ALL 3D direction plz
>e-mail me

Get {*filter*}ed. If you want help from people on Usenet, at
least have the courtesy to look for responses in the
groups you post to. Ask for CCs if you like, but at least
take a quick look for responses when you post.

---
Russ

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 3D rotation with mouse ?
Find an example how others solve this problem, i.e. test the COOL 3D Demo which can be found on CDs
from Kai Krause ( Kai Pwer Tools, Bryce 3D ..). If your solution is near that from others your
software may
be better accepted.
The Problem is not only the missing direction for rotation, you need another 3 axis for shifting.
With a 3-Button-Mouse you can move all of the 6 directions ( every Button gives 2 directions ).
When playing games i prefer to use 2 joystricks, which gives 4 axis dierect, 2 axis whith buttons
and
2 Buttons for firing.

Quote:

 --
Ralf Inceoglu

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Q: 3D rotation with mouse

2. 3D rotation with mouse

3. 3d rotation with mouse

4. Q: 3D rotation with mouse

5. 3D Rotation

6. help: 3d rotations

7. I need help!!! 3d Rotation is not working

8. WANTED: tpu's for 3D object rotation.

9. ALL SB AND 3D ROTATION ARTIST LOOK HERE!

10. 3d Rotation, Joystick, Sound

11. rotating 3D object with mouse

12. vector rotation unit needed