USES CRT????
Author Message
 USES CRT????

I have been using turbo Pascal 7 for dos in college. I decided i needed to
have it at home to do my work there, when i went to the shop I saw turbo
pascal for windows and bought that, because i thought it would be easier to
use. When i went to load my work from disc i didn't recognise the uses crt
command. Is there anyway i can copy the uses crt file from the turbo pascal
7 machines and use it for the windows version instead of wincrt?

I can't take the software back either as there's nothing wrong with it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 USES CRT????

Quote:

>I have been using turbo pascal 7 for dos in college. I decided i needed to
>have it at home to do my work there, when i went to the shop I saw turbo
>pascal for windows and bought that, because i thought it would be easier to
>use.

That was a mistake. It is a completely different product. It is for
making windows programs.

Quote:
> When i went to load my work from disc i didn't recognise the uses crt
>command. Is there anyway i can copy the uses crt file from the turbo pascal
>7 machines and use it for the windows version instead of wincrt?

No, you cannot use the CRT. You have to use the WinCRT.

You could do something like

{$ifdef msdos}
uses crt;
{$else}
uses WinCrt;
{$endif}

to make it compile on both. However, as I understand the wincrt does not
have full CRT functionality.

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. uses CRT, etc

2. uses crt; divide by zero error

3. I/O redirection while using CRT unit.

4. Urgent - Using CRT it gives me the error division by zero

5. Problems in Borland Pascal 7.0 with uses crt

6. Clearing Screen Without Using CRT Unit?

7. Help: uses Crt

8. divide by zero error when using CRT;

9. Why wont my uses crt work??????????/

10. I keep getting err 200 when using CRT unit in dos under win95

11. System Hang when using CRT unit

12. I/O redirection while using CRT unit.