TP 7.0 vs 7.01 - How to Differentiate
Author Message
 TP 7.0 vs 7.01 - How to Differentiate

How can I tell whether my Version 7 TP is 7.0 or 7.01?  The file dates
are all 3/3/93 at 7:01 am, which as near as I can tell means it should
be 7.01.  However, the version reported with Help/About is 7.0

Is there a simple program that will confirm the version?  (i.e.
something that should work with 7.01, but won't work with 7.0)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TP 7.0 vs 7.01 - How to Differentiate

Quote:
> How can I tell whether my Version 7 TP is 7.0 or 7.01?  The file dates
> are all 3/3/93 at 7:01 am, which as near as I can tell means it should
> be 7.01.

You have 7.01.  Those are the same time stamps I have on my DOS system for
TP7.

Brad

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TP 7.0 vs 7.01 - How to Differentiate

Quote:
> How can I tell whether my Version 7 TP is 7.0 or 7.01?  The file dates
> are all 3/3/93 at 7:01 am, which as near as I can tell means it should
> be 7.01.

Correct. You tell by the time/date stamp.

Quote:
>  However, the version reported with Help/About is 7.0

7.01 was a "silent" upgrade. Borland have always had a hard time even
acknowledging it exists.

Quote:
> Is there a simple program that will confirm the version?  (i.e.
> something that should work with 7.01, but won't work with 7.0)

I can't think of one right now. It's too late at night/early in the morning!
Rest assured though, you have 7.01

Jay
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT