Help with reading file
Author Message
 Help with reading file

I need to read lines of text from a file to something (array, record).  Should
I use an array?  And how do I do that.  Is there a better way?  Thanks.

Each individual line of text is in the variable. (oh each character but thats
TOO big).

Thanks again.

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:35:46 GMT
 Help with reading file

Quote:
>I need to read lines of text from a file to something (array, record).  Should
>I use an array?  And how do I do that.  Is there a better way?  Thanks.

>Each individual line of text is in the variable. (oh each character but thats
>TOO big).

>Thanks again.

Assign(f, source);
Reset(f);
While not eof(f) Do
Begin
     Readln(f, s);
--whatever you want to do to s, encode and store to another file--
End;
Close(f);

source = filename of textfile
VAR
f:Text;
s:String;

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help with reading file...

2. help please in reading .dat files

3. DBF file is read only! Can DeskTop Help

4. HELP: Reading/Converting MS Access 1.1 files

5. HELP : Reading EXCEL file by Turbo Pascal

6. Database file reading - BIG HELP

7. Please help with Text File reading...

8. help with reading data from file

9. Help: Alphabetizing and File Reading :)

10. Please help read/write text files

11. Read and write COBOL Index file : Please Help !

12. HELP: Reading from files