Number Pad period key code?
Author Message
 Number Pad period key code?

Have you tried 83 or 52, I think one of those is the Num_Pad_Del or
Num_Pad_Period (ord) value on an PC.  welcome (from thanks in advance)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Quote:

>Does anyone know what the code for the period on the number pad is?  I've
>looked in a couple books and I can't find it.  If possible, could
>someone email me back if you know this key code.

For ASCII code, it sends 46 if Num Lock is active, otherwise it sends 0;83
(same code as DEL).

For scan codes, the reference I have says that that key's scan code is 71h,
so make code would be 71h and break code would be F0 71h.  I'm getting this
from the tech manual for my keyboard, so I'm guess that's right.

I also have another listing that shows logical key values, and lists that
key as 53h (at least on a 101-key keyboard).

Quote:
>Thank you in advance.

One of these numbers should be what you want.

Quote:

--
Scott F. Earnest           | We now return you to our regularly scheduled

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?
Does anyone know what the code for the period on the number pad is?  I've
looked in a couple books and I can't find it.  If possible, could
someone email me back if you know this key code.

Thank you in advance.

Tim Meyer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Quote:

> >Does anyone know what the code for the period on the number pad is?  I've
> >looked in a couple books and I can't find it.  If possible, could
> >someone email me back if you know this key code.

> For ASCII code, it sends 46 if Num Lock is active, otherwise it sends 0;83
> (same code as DEL).

> For scan codes, the reference I have says that that key's scan code is 71h,
> so make code would be 71h and break code would be F0 71h.  I'm getting this
> from the tech manual for my keyboard, so I'm guess that's right.

> I also have another listing that shows logical key values, and lists that
> key as 53h (at least on a 101-key keyboard).

> >Thank you in advance.

> One of these numbers should be what you want.

> >Tim Meyer

> --
> Scott F. Earnest           | We now return you to our regularly scheduled

how would i incorporate this into a program..for example if i wanted to
have the user move a light bar up and down (in text mode)..how is this
done..

help me if you know PLEASE!!

misfit

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Quote:

>Does anyone know what the code for the period on the number pad is?  I've
>looked in a couple books and I can't find it.  If possible, could
>someone email me back if you know this key code.

What on earth can you need the key code (in a Pascal context) for apart
from putting it in a program?  (Same argument for scan codes.)  In which
case use a program to discover it :

        program KEYCODES ;
        uses Crt ;
        BEGIN ;
        repeat Write(Ord(ReadKey):4) ;
          if not KeyPressed then Writeln ;
          until false ;
        END.

   BTW, I have no idea why the TP manual doesn't have a table of the key
   codes...

They're in the TP4 manual; proves that upgrades are not universally
beneficial!

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

original program

Created with InterCode For Windows Version 3.00
---
If you are unable to decode this file, download UUD for DOS or InterCode
for Windows from FTP.NETCOM.COM in the pub/ts/tsngonzo directory.

Section 1/1 of file 2ndtry.pas
begin 666 2ndtry.pas

<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

pointer stack

Created with InterCode For Windows Version 3.00
---
If you are unable to decode this file, download UUD for DOS or InterCode
for Windows from FTP.NETCOM.COM in the pub/ts/tsngonzo directory.

Section 1/1 of file arstackb.pas
begin 666 arstackb.pas

<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Number Pad period key code?
I have a problem to call a Pascal function from C program.
The Pascal interface is:
function GetTitle (p: Pointer): string;
and implementation is:
function GetTitle (p: Pointer): string; external 'omDal12';

What prototype of GetTitle I have to use in C program?
Thanks in advace,
Igal.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Source Code For Using Function Keys or Cursor Keys - Help :)

2. Source Code For Using Function Keys or Cursor Keys - H

3. Help:Record/Key Deleted message and Error message Numbers

4. Retrace-Periods counting via Interrupt

5. SQL and period of time

6. Appointment Pad for DOS, poor example TP6 source

7. Gravice Game pad

8. Delphi pads blanks at the end of VARCHAR2 field

9. Oracle padding spaces to Varchar2 type field

10. why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

11. Trouble with key codes

12. Key violation code where to put it?