Run time Error 200
Author Message
 Run time Error 200

I have returned to programming in TP7 after a long stint in VC++.  Somedays
I like DOS better and then there are the other days that I would kill for
the debugging environment in VC++.  Anyway, I am running a Pentium II 350
and I am getting the RTE 200 as described at the Borland web site.  I have
utilized one of the patches found on the internet, Borland is lame for not
providing an 'approved' patch, but am curious as to who has found what patch
to be the better one.  I use CRT and use the delay() call in many of my apps
as these usually are real time control and timing usually comes into play.

Any references to timing functions/procedures and their associated patches
would be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run time Error 200

Quote:

>I have returned to programming in TP7 after a long stint in VC++.  Somedays
>I like DOS better and then there are the other days that I would kill for
>the debugging environment in VC++.  Anyway, I am running a Pentium II 350
>and I am getting the RTE 200 as described at the Borland web site.  I have
>utilized one of the patches found on the internet, Borland is lame for not
>providing an 'approved' patch, but am curious as to who has found what patch
>to be the better one.  I use CRT and use the delay() call in many of my apps
>as these usually are real time control and timing usually comes into play.

>Any references to timing functions/procedures and their associated patches
>would be greatly appreciated.

I use Andreas Bauer's, to patch the EXE file.  It works, and IIRC can be
installed as a Tool.  I'd prefer it if its messages could be in English.

Otherwise, I avoid using Crt whenever I can - many routines are easily
enough replaced, and, indeed, AIUI, a new Crt can be written.

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/pas-time.htm
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/info/pctim003.zip
TSFAQP

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run time Error 200

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run time Error 200

Quote:

>I use Andreas Bauer's, to patch the EXE file.  It works, and IIRC can be
>installed as a Tool.  I'd prefer it if its messages could be in English.

I've just noted something a little odd-seeming - perhaps others could
confirm / correct / advise.

I have a BP7.01 installation, with the BP & TURBO (TP) IDEs.  TP is set
to compile to Disk.  I have Andreas Bauer's TPPATCH.EXE in my C:\UTYS
directory, which is on my DOS PATH.

Both for BP and TP, I have done Options Tools New, Title set to ~B~auer,
path set to TPPATCH, Command line set to $exename.

Both for BP & TP, I can write a program including "uses Crt", Make it
with F9, then with Alt-T B I can successfully run TPPATCH on the new
EXE.

The difference comes when I do Alt-R R to run the program.

TP recompiles, wiping out the patch; BP does not recompile, but runs the
patched version.  Correspondingly, on alternating Alt-R R and Alt-T B,
with TP the patch program always reports "fertig", but with BP only the
first go gives "fertig" and the rest "kann nicht gepatcht werden".
        ("schon gepatcht" would have been nicer)

Can TP be made to behave like BP, and not recompile after running a Tool
on the new EXE?  A report from Cuba implies that TURBO.EXE supplied in
the TP7 pack matches my TURBO - how about TPX?

(It seems that, while working on program XXX, one can install XXX itself
as a Tool.  The program does not then get recompiled.)

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Run time error 200...all the time

2. Run-time error 200

3. CRT Run Time Error 200

4. Division by Zero, Run-time Error 200, CRT delay() function bug

5. HELP! Run time error 200

6. TPAS7.0 Run Time Error 200

7. Run Time Error 200

8. run-time error 200 ??

9. run time 200 errors

10. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

11. >200 MHZ, 200 error continued ...

12. Error 100 : Disk read error (Run-Time)