LFN using DOS7P20 by Cristi Streng TP55
Author Message
 LFN using DOS7P20 by Cristi Streng TP55

I haven't posted to a newsgroup for many years so please bear with me.

I downloaded the DOS70P20 Turbo  Pascal unit from simtelnet
(ms-dos/turbopas} { Copyright (C) 1998 by Cristi Streng } ..

In the documentation (README.TXT) C.Streng states [under    Version
2.0 (February 1998):] that his unit DOS70 " .. - now compiles with
TP5.5 [..]".

That is not quite true, as I had to make quite a few modifications to
the DOS70.PAS to get it to compile with my TP55 compiler.

In particular,

The *TP55Intr2F; * function written by Arnoud Lambers that is written
for TP55 compatibility only returns the AX and BX registers,
"(* Note: only AX and BX registers are returned!
*)"

whereas the two functions :

   function  GetShell:string;
   function  GetShellComLine:string;

use the returned word values  in the DS, DX and SI registers

GetShell .. "  pc:=Ptr (R.DS, R.DX); "
GetShellComLine .. "  pc:=Ptr (R.DS, R.SI); "

Could someone code an appropriate *TP55Intr2F; * function which
returns the other register values as well, so that I can call the two
associated functions ..

--
Jeremy O'Connor
line 2

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 LFN using DOS7P20 by Cristi Streng TP55

Quote:
>I downloaded the DOS70P20 Turbo  Pascal unit from simtelnet
>(ms-dos/turbopas} { Copyright (C) 1998 by Cristi Streng } ..
>In particular,

>The *TP55Intr2F; * function written by Arnoud Lambers that is written
>for TP55 compatibility only returns the AX and BX registers,
>Could someone code an appropriate *TP55Intr2F; * function which
>returns the other register values as well, so that I can call the two
>associated functions ..

>--
>Jeremy O'Connor
>line 2
>line 3
>line 4

I have since worked out a solution. I have used a C function : *intr*
compiled to a pascal {$L} format object file (created with Turbo C++
for DOS Ver 3.0, and Borland C & App. Frameworks Ver 3.1 RTL source
for the *intr* function in the file *intr.cas* and dos.h, _defs.h, and
asmrules.h, tweaked with ctopas.cfg & tcc). I linked this function,
renamed to *Xintr* into a copy of DOS70.PAS renamed to DOS70XX.PAS,
that contains the GetShell and getShellComLine functions, calling
Xintr instead of TP55Intr2F.

--
Jeremy O'Connor
line 2

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. DOS70P20 by by Cristi Streng Ver 2.0 TP55 ..

2. Long Filenames (LFN) under Windows NT using Borland Pascal

3. DOS70P20 by C.Streng Ver 2.0 RTE200

4. dos70v10.zip TP unit for DOS 7.0 with long filenames, freeware, C.Streng

5. dos70v11.zip TP unit for DOS 7.0 with long filenames, freeware, C.Streng

6. rpcrt100.zip Optimized TP50/TP55/TP6/BP7 CRT Unit

7. Date calculations in TP55

8. help ceilings in TP55

9. Help ceilings in TP55

10. LFN in TPW 1.5 - is that possible?