13 simple questions about pascal..
Author Message
 13 simple questions about pascal..

I hope some one could help me with these questions:

1.what are the data types (elementary and structured ) found in Pascal?

2.what is the error that results from having the same identifier name
in more than one enumeration type ? or in an enumeration type and
variable deceleration  ?

3.what is the error that results from using a real variable as an
operand of MOD operation?

4.what is the error that results from assigning one variable of some
range value to another of another range value?

5.can we assign a record variable to another record variable of the
same record type?

6.can we print the value of an enumeration identifier?

7.what happens if we use a subscript value greater than the range of
subscript of an array?

8.what happens if we assign to a set variable some values out of range
of the values of its deceleration ?

9.what happens if we assign to a variable the name of an array ?

10.what happens if we assign a single value to a set variable ?

11.what happens if we assign a range of values to a set variable
starting by some value and ending by a smaller value?

12.what happens when using the following  expression ( without
parentheses ):
X<Y AND A>B

13.what happens when reading values in a variant record from one
description and printing variables of another descriptions ?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..

Quote:
>I hope some one could help me with these questions:

Sorry, we do not do your homework questions for you.
--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..
If you want your homework done:
Study your books
If you don't have any books:
ask your teacher
If you have no teacher:
buy some books
If you have no money:
study the web

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..

Quote:

> I hope some one could help me with these questions:

> 1.what are the data types (elementary and structured ) found in
> pascal?

{*filter*}ers & big {*filter*}ers!

Quote:
> 6.can we print the value of an enumeration identifier?

Only on a laser printer supporting postscript level 3

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..

Quote:
>I hope some one could help me with these questions:
>1.what are the data types (elementary and structured ) found in pascal?

Check your manual or online help.

Quote:
>2.what is the error that results from having the same identifier name
>in more than one enumeration type ? or in an enumeration type and
>variable deceleration  ?

(sic) Try it. Pascal reports errors.

Quote:
>3.what is the error that results from using a real variable as an
>operand of MOD operation?

Try it. Hint: what type does MOD return? cf. DIV.

Quote:
>4.what is the error that results from assigning one variable of some
>range value to another of another range value?

Try it.

Quote:
>5.can we assign a record variable to another record variable of the
>same record type?

Sometimes. Depends upon whether or not they share the same type
identifier. Try it.

Quote:
>6.can we print the value of an enumeration identifier?

Try it.

Quote:
>7.what happens if we use a subscript value greater than the range of
>subscript of an array?

Try it in Pascal, then try it in C, then try it in JavaScript. Compare.

Quote:
>8.what happens if we assign to a set variable some values out of range
>of the values of its deceleration ?

(sic) Don't know - I'll have to try it.

Quote:
>9.what happens if we assign to a variable the name of an array ?

Ambiguous question. What type is the variable? Is the "name of the
array" an identifier-string or a reference?

Quote:
>10.what happens if we assign a single value to a set variable ?

Try it.

Quote:
>11.what happens if we assign a range of values to a set variable
>starting by some value and ending by a smaller value?

Try it.

Quote:
>12.what happens when using the following  expression ( without
>parentheses ):
>X<Y AND A>B

You get an error. What sort of error and why? Hint: think about operator
precedence.

Quote:
>13.what happens when reading values in a variant record from one
>description and printing variables of another descriptions ?

Eh?

These are all questions which can be answered by TRYING them out - which
I guess was the whole point of the exercise. Hope this helps.

--

http://www.ntos.demon.co.uk

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..
:I hope some one could help me with these questions:

Studying is about finding out. Here is some material you can use in
your learning quest.

 http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/http2.html#programming

 320779 Oct 19 1992 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/tpr-book.zip
 tpr-book.zip Electronic Turbo Pascal Reference freeware book, E.Mitchell

 157497 Mar 26 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/tptutr11.zip
 tptutr11.zip ASCII-text Turbo Pascal Tutor 1-22, G.Grotzinger, useful

 164990 Apr 25 1999 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  procmail tips at  http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 13 simple questions about pascal..

Quote:
>I hope some one could help me with these questions:

Would you like me to send you 24 MB of online help, or would you prefer to
lookup the answers yourself, in your documentation? <gd&r>

And why don't you write some simple test programs, to find out what errors
occur?

Do you confuse "homeWORK" with delegation?

DoDi

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. tptutr0a.zip ASCII-text Turbo Pascal Tutor 1-13

2. Beginning Pascal Tutorial Part 13

3. INT 13

4. Once again: Timing routine (EMM386 Error 13)

5. INT 13

6. Simple question about OOP in Turbo Pascal

7. chr(13)

8. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.13 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers

9. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.13 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers

10. clpb Mini-FAQ V1.13 - Essential Reading for New Subscribers

11. Help : Interrupt 13 (Format Floppy and Hard Disk)

12. Help: Strange results with CHR(13) while writing packed array