wherez Delphi NG?
Author Message
 wherez Delphi NG?

c.l.b.delphi seems to doesnt exist.. where should i ask questions concerning
delphi?

--

?????????????????? ICQ: 14187537
??????? If Time Is Killing You - Kill Some For Time

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

Quote:

> c.l.b.delphi seems to doesnt exist.. where should i ask questions concerning
> delphi?

Wouter.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?
but where is MAIN, or GENERAL or whatever delphi group?

Quote:

--

?????????????????? ICQ: 14187537
??????? If Time Is Killing You - Kill Some For Time
?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?
Quote:

> but where is MAIN, or GENERAL or whatever delphi group?

First try http://www.DejaNews.com
look here thoroughly which NG's will fit your interests.
In many cases it is not necessary to log on to all NG's,
but only those where you would ask questions. The remaining
can be scanned with DejaNews.

seems to be the most "general" NG for Delphi

There is also

and some more.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?
yeah, ok, but it seems somehow weird that there is no general like clpd or
whatever;)

Quote:

--

?????????????????? ICQ: 14187537
??????? If Time Is Killing You - Kill Some For Time
?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

:c.l.b.delphi seems to doesnt exist.. where should i ask questions concerning
:delphi?

 comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.advocacy Contentious issues related to Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.announce Delphi related announcements. (Moderated)
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc General component issues.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.usage Using pre-written components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.writing Writing Delphi components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases Database aspects of Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc General issues with Borland Delphi.
 comp.sources.delphi Delphi and ObjectPascal source code. (Moderated)

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

:but where is MAIN, or GENERAL or whatever delphi group?

There!

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

:yeah, ok, but it seems somehow weird that there is no general like clpd or
:whatever;)

Then go and get one created, if the current arrangement is not
enough to your liking. Here is how you can go about it:

 100149 Jan 24 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/usenews.zip
 usenews.zip Usenet Netiquette, creating new newsgroups, etc advice

 http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/writing/group-proposals

 http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nnqlinks.html#creating

   All the best, Timo

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

Quote:

>> but where is MAIN, or GENERAL or whatever delphi group?

>First try http://www.DejaNews.com
>look here thoroughly which NG's will fit your interests.

To add to Franz's post, Timo Salmi posts a weekly pointer to the
reorganisation of comp.lang.pascal.* groups - the subject is "The weekly
FAQ item about the Pascal newsgroups' reorganization".

The delphi groups have been split up into a number of sub-groups for
some of the various areas of Delphi. Timo lists the general subject
matter of each group in his post. For general issues, as Franz said,
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc is the general group. However, if you have
a question relating to those areas with a specific group, then post to
that group instead.

--
Pedt

This is the age of the train - it's about 107

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 wherez Delphi NG?

Quote:

> yeah, ok, but it seems somehow weird that there is no
> general like clpd or whatever;)

You do not recognize what you are attempting here ... :-)

The main problem with "general" newsgroups is: they get
overloaded and unusable. I am following the "general"
German de.comp.lang.pascal.delphi group, where all is
handled, from basics over graph to database, components
and "politics". It seems really hard to download over
100 mails per day - who should ever read that?

This is A LOT compared with the Pascal newsgroups.

Some weeks ago all users were asked if they would
like to split the group, but a majority voted for "no".

Again my suggestion: scan DejaNews for a while and then
decide which groups to connect to.

Franz Glaser

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. wherez Delphi NG?

2. How many NG readers to change light bulb?

3. Luxent NG

4. Borland C++ Builder NG's?

5. Borland NG

6. Does this ng post a faq for new readers?

7. Delphi...Delphi....Delphi - New Delphi Site

8. Delphi, Delphi, and Delphi

9. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

10. Problems with compiling of DBBrowser demo (Delphi 1.0) in Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 3

11. editer of database on delphi without delphi

12. 32-bit Delphi's dbGrid functionality for Delphi 1