a little thing...but very important for me !!!
Author Message
 a little thing...but very important for me !!!

I'm working on a project for some points for my exam (I'm 18):

a prog (in Turbo Pascal) who reads a .TPU file for output the contents:
proc, funcs, variables, in fact all the INTERFACE part. I must have
finished it at the end of May, but the TPU format seems to be more viscious
than I expect. So if someone has the description of teh TPU format (Real
Mode only), I would appreciate and the someone will have my eternal thanks
(?).

Excus me for my poor english and PLEASE help me!

thanks in advance,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 a little thing...but very important for me !!!

Quote:
>a prog (in Turbo Pascal) who reads a .TPU file for output the contents:
>proc, funcs, variables, in fact all the INTERFACE part. I must have
>finished it at the end of May, but the TPU format seems to be more viscious
>than I expect. So if someone has the description of teh TPU format (Real
>Mode only), I would appreciate and the someone will have my eternal thanks

Ahem. I'm nonplussed. Why would anyone want to dig into the .TPU
file(s)?

--

Real programmers whistle 110 baud into an acoustic coupler modem.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 a little thing...but very important for me !!!

Quote:

> >a prog (in Turbo Pascal) who reads a .TPU file for output the contents:
> >proc, funcs, variables, in fact all the INTERFACE part. I must have
> >finished it at the end of May, but the TPU format seems to be more viscious
> >than I expect. So if someone has the description of teh TPU format (Real
> >Mode only), I would appreciate and the someone will have my eternal thanks

> Ahem. I'm nonplussed. Why would anyone want to dig into the .TPU
> file(s)?

Actually, they contain a great deal of useful information, like the size
of each routine and variable used in the code. You can use this
information to optimize your code for the most efficient use of ram.

If you use ADDIDE, a listing of the TPU contents for each unit in a
program lets you browse effortlessly from one routine to another, and
check out calls to different units. You can easily understand the program
flow when you don't have to know what file a routine is in, and search
for it after you locate the file.

When you don't have to waste time and energy looking for things, it is
much easier to see how a program actually works. You can spot redundant
code, where something is done in one routine, then repeated in another.

You can also spot potential bugs when you can easily see all the calls
that are made by each routine.

The TPU also contains the assembly code that will be linked in your
program. By extracting this, you can see how minor rearrangements in your
HLL code could greatly speed up a program, particularly on pipelined
cpus. You can often avoid pipeline stalls, and arrange the code to
utilize both pipes, if you can get at the assembly code in the TPU.

These are some of the many significant reasons for digging into the
TPU's.

ADDIDE currently depends on using the Borland SPRINT editor to provide
many of these features. I am working on locating another editor that can
accept the same functions, in order that everyone can see these benefits.

If you have a powerful macro system in your current editor, you can use
ADDIDE right away. If not, eventually I will find an editor that can.

BTW - ADDIDE is completely free. No registration, no charges, no hassles.

Best Regards,

Mike Monett, ADDIDE, NoSpam, Nm.EXE, MM.EXE, LP.EXE, TM.EXE...
http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/addide.htm
ftp://www.headwaters.com/pub/add/zips/addide.htm
Last Updates: May 2, May 4, 1997

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 a little thing...but very important for me !!!

Quote:

> I'm working on a project for some points for my exam (I'm 18):

> a prog (in Turbo Pascal) who reads a .TPU file for output the contents:
> proc, funcs, variables, in fact all the INTERFACE part. I must have
> finished it at the end of May, but the TPU format seems to be more viscious
> than I expect. So if someone has the description of teh TPU format (Real
> Mode only), I would appreciate and the someone will have my eternal thanks
> (?).

> Excus me for my poor english and PLEASE help me!

> thanks in advance,

Use FTP search to find

  intrfc70.zip Permits the  dumping  of  TP  6.0/7.0  files (source
  included) (documentation and source code included)

This may help!

Last Updates: May 2, May 4, 1997

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 a little thing...but very important for me !!!

Quote:

> > I'm working on a project for some points for my exam (I'm 18):

> > a prog (in Turbo Pascal) who reads a .TPU file for output the contents:
> > proc, funcs, variables, in fact all the INTERFACE part. I must have
> > finished it at the end of May, but the TPU format seems to be more viscious
> > than I expect. So if someone has the description of teh TPU format (Real
> > Mode only), I would appreciate and the someone will have my eternal thanks
> > (?).

> > Excus me for my poor english and PLEASE help me!

> > thanks in advance,

> Use FTP search to find

>   intrfc70.zip Permits the  dumping  of  TP  6.0/7.0  files (source
>   included) (documentation and source code included)

Found another one for TP6 in:

  http://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbspec.html

twu1.zip 151357 Jun 6 1991 Disassemble TP6.0 or TPW 1.0 TPUs, W.Peavy

Hope this helps - this information is becoming rare!

Best Regards,

Mike Monett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. One of those Little Things: How to get TDBLookupComboBox to show up with active record?

2. IMPORTANT: Where to get information on connecting D2 SQL-Links to DB's

3. mutiple application simultanuous running important

4. Vista Software - Important Apollo & Artemis News

5. VERY IMPORTANT !!! - SCAM

6. IMPORTANT!

7. IMPORTANT!

8. Important Error Index out of date

9. please help me it's important

10. Important networking question

11. Please Read It Very Important (GetPixel)

12. !!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!! Delphi 3 / Oracle