Accessing com-port
Author Message
 Accessing com-port

Hi,

For some project I've got to access one of my com-ports. (I can still choose
to use port com1 or com2).
This device uses (from the 9 pins of the sub-D connector)
2: Serial data input
3: Serial data output
5: Ground.

The device produces some kind of block-signal, and from the length of one
can calculate the amplitude of a fysical signal.

How can I communicate with this port?

My intention is to make a Turbo-Pascal program for DOS. I've got some
experience in programming but never used com-ports in my programs.

Anyone?

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 05:05:12 GMT
 Accessing com-port

Quote:

> Hi,

> For some project I've got to access one of my com-ports. (I can still choose
> to use port com1 or com2).
> This device uses (from the 9 pins of the sub-D connector)
> 2: Serial data input
> 3: Serial data output
> 5: Ground.

> The device produces some kind of block-signal, and from the length of one
> can calculate the amplitude of a fysical signal.

> How can I communicate with this port?

> My intention is to make a Turbo-Pascal program for DOS. I've got some
> experience in programming but never used com-ports in my programs.

There are some examples in the "serial" chapter of
http://bsn.ch/tp-links
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:17:57 GMT

1. Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

2. Accessing COM port

3. accessing comports

4. Access to COM-Port

5. Com Port Access

6. COM port access

7. Com Port Access

8. COM (Serial) Port Access in Borland Pascal

9. Com Port Routies

10. Problems with com ports and windows 2000

11. com port already in use broblem

12. Simplying serial com port selection