mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup
Author Message
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

>   r) Please note some articles are cross-posted to
>      borland.public.turboPascal
>      The Borland newsgroups are _not_ part of Usenet and do not accept
>      postings from outside the borland.* hierarchy. If your ISP
>      provides access to Borland newgroups, consider it read-only and
>      only reply through the official Borland news server!

Hi Robert,

In which regard does this statement apply?

I read this the other week & got the impression that
borland.public.turbopascal should be treated as off-limits,
unless it was responded through the Borland News Server.

Ross.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:18:35 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

> >   r) Please note some articles are cross-posted to
> >      borland.public.turbopascal

> >      The Borland newsgroups are _not_ part of Usenet and do not accept
> >      postings from outside the borland.* hierarchy. If your ISP
> >      provides access to Borland newgroups, consider it read-only and
> >      only reply through the official Borland news server!

> Hi Robert,

> In which regard does this statement apply?

> I read this the other week & got the impression that
> borland.public.turbopascal should be treated as off-limits,
> unless it was responded through the Borland News Server.

That's correct. Post to b.p.t from anywhere outside the Borland
hierarchy and nobody accessing the Borland newsgroups via the
Borland server will see your postings.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:57:53 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:
> That's correct. Post to b.p.t from anywhere outside the Borland
> hierarchy and nobody accessing the Borland newsgroups via the
> Borland server will see your postings.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Ross.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 04:36:34 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

posted at Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:57:53 :-

Quote:
>> I read this the other week & got the impression that
>> borland.public.turbopascal should be treated as off-limits,
>> unless it was responded through the Borland News Server.

>That's correct. Post to b.p.t from anywhere outside the Borland
>hierarchy and nobody accessing the Borland newsgroups via the
>Borland server will see your postings.

No; you mean "Post to b.p.t using a server not belonging to Borland and
nobody ...".

Quote:
>>>   r) Please note some articles are cross-posted to
>>>       borland.public.turbopascal

or    r) Please note that articles should not be cross-posted to (or

     The Borland newsgroups are _not_ part of Usenet and their server
     does not accept postings from non-Borland servers. If your news
     service provides access to Borland newsgroups, consider it to be
     read-only and only reply through the official Borland news server!

Adding the Sig line 4 link below might help, too.

  <URL:http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ.htm> clpdmFAQ;

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:29:11 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:
> >> I read this the other week & got the impression that
> >> borland.public.turbopascal should be treated as off-limits,
> >> unless it was responded through the Borland News Server.
> >That's correct. Post to b.p.t from anywhere outside the Borland
> >hierarchy and nobody accessing the Borland newsgroups via the
> >Borland server will see your postings.
> No; you mean "Post to b.p.t using a server not belonging to Borland and
> nobody ...".
> or    r) Please note that articles should not be cross-posted to (or

>      The Borland newsgroups are _not_ part of Usenet and their server
>      does not accept postings from non-Borland servers. If your news
>      service provides access to Borland newsgroups, consider it to be
>      read-only and only reply through the official Borland news server!

Well Google Groups certainally hasn't missed any of my postings for
b.p.t, even get people replying to me & all in there. I can even see
others to aren't posting in the borland hierarchy. At the first reply
I checked with mine I though that maybe my ISP was posting through the
borland server!

That's Odd,
Ross.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 05:40:02 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

posted at Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:40:02 :-

Quote:

>Well Google Groups certainally hasn't missed any of my postings for
>b.p.t, even get people replying to me & all in there. I can even see
>others to aren't posting in the borland hierarchy. At the first reply
>I checked with mine I though that maybe my ISP was posting through the
>borland server!

Your posts will not be seen by those who read from the Borland servers,
AIUI.

In particular, this means that your posts will not be seen by
        1) The TeamB experts.
        2) At least several other experts.
        3) Me.

Borland, read Borland's Guidelines.

There is illegitimate one-way transfer from the Borland servers to
UseNet servers.

IIRC, UseNet servers may treat the Borland groups as being read-only.

--

 Web  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

 Guidelines <URL:http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html> ff. with care.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:40:48 GMT
 mini-FAQ V1.53 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

Quote:
> >Well Google Groups certainally hasn't missed any of my postings for
> >b.p.t, even get people replying to me & all in there. I can even see
> >others to aren't posting in the borland hierarchy. At the first reply
> >I checked with mine I though that maybe my ISP was posting through the
> >borland server!
> Your posts will not be seen by those who read from the Borland servers,
> AIUI.
> In particular, this means that your posts will not be seen by
>         1) The TeamB experts.
>         2) At least several other experts.
>         3) Me.

> Borland, read Borland's Guidelines.

Yes, I've just recently had a look, thankyou.  It certainally
explains why you cannot crosspost.

I haven't done any real serious enquirying in there yet, but
thanks for the advice.

Quote:
> There is illegitimate one-way transfer from the Borland servers to
> UseNet servers.
> IIRC, UseNet servers may treat the Borland groups as being read-only.

Ross.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:17:00 GMT

1. FAQ] mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

2. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

3. mini-FAQ V1.56 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

4. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

5. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

6. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

7. mini-FAQ V1.55 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

8. mini-FAQ V1.54 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

9. mini-FAQ V1.52 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

10. mini-FAQ V1.51 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

11. mini-FAQ V1.50 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup

12. mini-FAQ V1.49 - essential reading for those new to the newsgroup