Run-time error question
Author Message
 Run-time error question

I'm not a frequenter of this NG, but I have a
question that some of you may be able to answer.
I am trying to get an old DOS program (Procomm
Plus) to run on my new 450mhz system, but as
expected am running into problems associated with
the speed of this new computer.  When run from the
DOS prompt, PCPLUS generates a "Run-time error
R003, integer divide by 0" message.  I don't know
the version (2.0, I think), but the date of
PCPLUS.EXE is 05/01/91.  Intel's website refers to
this as a TurboPascal problem, and referred to a
Borland website, which in turn referred me to
other websites for patches.  These sites provide
various possible solutions, but the descriptions
aren't clear as to the one that would work best in
this case.

Does anyone here have any experience with this
specific problem and/or a solution for it?  For
reasons I won't go into here, I'd like to retain
the use of this program in preference to newer
Windows-based apps of this type.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error question

: DOS prompt, PCPLUS generates a "Run-time error
: R003, integer divide by 0" message.  I don't know
: the version (2.0, I think), but the date of
: PCPLUS.EXE is 05/01/91.  Intel's website refers to
: this as a TurboPascal problem,

This is not a Turbo Pascal problem since the error message
in that case would be "Runtime Error 200"

It seems that another compiler has a similar problem.
Try obtaining a new program version.

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error question

Quote:

>: DOS prompt, PCPLUS generates a "Run-time error
>: R003, integer divide by 0" message.  I don't know
>: the version (2.0, I think), but the date of
>: PCPLUS.EXE is 05/01/91.  Intel's website refers to
>: this as a TurboPascal problem,

>This is not a Turbo Pascal problem since the error message
>in that case would be "Runtime Error 200"

Well the program might hook the RTE handler before it gets to the CRT
initialization code.

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error question
: >: "Run-time error R003, integer divide by 0" message.
: >
: >This is not a Turbo Pascal problem since the error message
: >in that case would be "Runtime Error 200"

: Well the program might hook the RTE handler before it gets to the CRT
: initialization code.

In theory yes, but why should it give that error the number 3
and where should it know from that it's an integer divide.
Borland reports error 200 both for integer and floating point
division by zero and gives that error the number 200.

Besides I think I have seen that error message in Kermit
and that is a C program.

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error question

Quote:

>: >: "Run-time error R003, integer divide by 0" message.
>: >
>: >This is not a Turbo Pascal problem since the error message
>: >in that case would be "Runtime Error 200"

>: Well the program might hook the RTE handler before it gets to the CRT
>: initialization code.

>In theory yes, but why should it give that error the number 3
>and where should it know from that it's an integer divide.
>Borland reports error 200 both for integer and floating point
>division by zero and gives that error the number 200.

But if it hooks only the Int 0 vector then it knows it will be integer
divide.

Quote:

>Besides I think I have seen that error message in Kermit
>and that is a C program.

Borland C? :-)

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Run time error 200...all the time

2. Error 100 : Disk read error (Run-Time)

3. Error 100 : Disk read error (Run-Time)

4. Freepascal run-time error

5. New run-time error at 500Mhz

6. Avoid run-time error 106 and the like?

7. run time error when compiled

8. run time 200 errors

9. Run-time error 200

10. Run-time error 204???????