Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0
Author Message
 Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

hi,

i intend to port a borland Pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
pascal to handle this problem??

thanx for any help,

torsten

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:04:14 GMT
 Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0
the HAL in NT does not allow any program to directly access the hardware
which is why many DOS programs will not work under NT

Quote:

>hi,

>i intend to port a borland pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

>within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
>function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

>are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
>pascal to handle this problem??

>thanx for any help,

>torsten

Thu, 04 Sep 2003 04:03:49 GMT
 Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

The HAL actually does a pretty good job of emulation,
s a properly written COM program should work under NT or W2K.

I do have an interrupt driven data acquisition program (uses two
COM ports) that works under any versions of MS OS's I could get
my hand on. (DOS 3.1 and up)

Quote:

> the HAL in NT does not allow any program to directly access the hardware
> which is why many DOS programs will not work under NT

>>hi,

>>i intend to port a borland pascal 7.0 DOS programm to win nt.

>>within the dos version a communication via com1 or com2 is done. the "port"
>>function is used and it seems to me that this doesn't work under win nt.

>>are there any experiences concerning this topic, are there other ways in
>>pascal to handle this problem??

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:03:34 GMT

1. Porting BP/TP 7.0 programs to Windows 3.X/95/NT

2. Direct access to LPT port in WIN NT via TPW 1.5

3. Traffic through COM ports in Windows NT

4. need BP com port driver please

5. Com ports in TP 7.0

6. Com ports in TP 7.0

7. FPC: Porting assembly from BP 7.0

8. FPC: Porting inline assembly from BP 7.0

9. TP5.5, BP 7.0 and WIN 95

10. Trace option in BP 7.0 on NT

11. BP 7.0 (TDW) and Windows NT 4.0

12. Turbo Pascal (Win) 1.5 + BP 7.0