delay for NT and 98?
Author Message
 delay for NT and 98?

i've written a game under turbo Pascal 7.0 and a friend of mine and his
colleagues at work are beta testing it for me.  however, they all are on
winNT boxes.  to accomodate them, i disabled the sound, however, the
delay routine i use for animation, etc. doesn't work to well under NT --
in fact, it doesn't seem to delay at all.

i tried using an alternate delay routine, however, that one screws with
my sounds (using SMIX).  my understanding of assembly is limited, so i
don't know whether i can modify it to work, or if it even would work
properly under NT.  here's the alternate:

procedure delay2(mseconds:word);assembler;
asm
 mov ax, 1000
 mul mseconds
 mov cx, dx
 mov dx, ax
 mov ah, 86h
 int 15h
end;

if you know how i can fix this, or know another routine i can use that
will work the same under 98/NT/DOS, please share the knowledge with me!
cc'ing to my email is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

sp33m

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 delay for NT and 98?

Quote:

>i've written a game under turbo pascal 7.0 and a friend of mine and his
>colleagues at work are beta testing it for me.  however, they all are on
>winNT boxes.  to accomodate them, i disabled the sound, however, the
>delay routine i use for animation, etc. doesn't work to well under NT --
>in fact, it doesn't seem to delay at all.

>i tried using an alternate delay routine, however, that one screws with
>my sounds (using SMIX).  my understanding of assembly is limited, so i
>don't know whether i can modify it to work, or if it even would work
>properly under NT.  here's the alternate:

>procedure delay2(mseconds:word);assembler;
>asm
> mov ax, 1000
> mul mseconds
> mov cx, dx
> mov dx, ax
> mov ah, 86h
> int 15h
>end;

>if you know how i can fix this, or know another routine i can use that
>will work the same under 98/NT/DOS, please share the knowledge with me!
>cc'ing to my email is greatly appreciated.

>thanks,

>sp33m

You may try to use fn 83 of the same 15h interrupt, it immediately return
control to Your program so maybe this will help (but probably not).

If fn 83 will not help, You may use technique, I (yes, I) already described in
"Re: Micro sec?", dated (i`m sorry) by 10.9.99 (really posted nearly 25.08) or
ask me for the second way mentioned there - maybe it even more suitable, but
maybe it will also interfere with Your sound routines.

Sandman4

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

2. User32.dll Error on 95 Not on 98 or NT

3. Help: MS-DOS Screen Capture (in Full-Screen Mode) Under Win 95/98/NT

4. Index errors when using NT-server and 95/98 workstations

5. SBlaster sound w/TP7 under NT/98 possible?

6. ASCII codes in Windows 98

7. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

8. Problem sharing table with BDE 5.1, Win 2000, and Win 98

9. Migrating from Windows 95 to Windows 98

10. Paradox Table corruption & Windows 98

11. HELP TPascal 7 under Windows 98/512M RAM/P3-900

12. Delphi routine Win3.11 for win.98