print to a serial port printer
Author Message
 print to a serial port printer

Just wonder if anybody knows how to print something to a printer which
connects to the serial port, i.e. COM1.

I am thinking about writing a program using TP6.0 that will write reports to
two printers at different locations, using different size of paper.   I try
to use the spare serial port to connect to the extra printer before thinking
about spending more money on installing the second parallel port.  By the
way, anyone out there ever use LPT2 and know how to code it in Pascal?

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:14:33 GMT
 print to a serial port printer

Quote:

>about spending more money on installing the second parallel port.  By the
>way, anyone out there ever use LPT2 and know how to code it in Pascal?

I haven't done this in a while, but do it like writing to a file,
assign( f, 'LPT2'), write to f, close(f).

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:17:43 GMT
 print to a serial port printer

Quote:

> Just wonder if anybody knows how to print something to a printer
which
> connects to the serial port, i.e. COM1.

Normally you'd use a printer with a Serial Port, but I don't think
anyone has made one for a long time (let me know if I'm wrong!). And I
don't think you can connect a standard printer with a centronics
connector from a serial port as the pin-outs are different.

I remember seeing a Serial Port Dot-Matrix printer a couple of years
ago (think it was an Epson or something) which had the same 25 Pins as
the serial port.

Ross.

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:08:30 GMT
 print to a serial port printer
For some printers (esp. old ones as I recall) there are serial interface
cards to "update" the printer.

Markus

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:52:58 GMT

1. Delphi: Printing to serial printers connected to RS232?

2. Print to Printer on USB Port?

3. Redirecting Printer Port; Print Spooler

4. To LARS LADINGKAER (SERIAL PRINTER)

5. SERIAL PRINTER

6. SERIAL PRINTER

7. serial port software

8. serial port routines

9. Programming the Serial Port in D5

10. How do I use the serial port

11. serialun.zip Turbo Pascal Object Oriented Serial Port Unit

12. Firing Serial Port Pins...