Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?
Author Message
 Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2, or
the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
processor machines with no problem.

Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

Many thanks in advance

Peter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

Quote:

>Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
>point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2, or
>the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
>processor machines with no problem.

>Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

Yes it is. A very well known. It is asked almost daily here.

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pentium II Problem with BP7.0?

Quote:
>Several of my BP7 programs are generating run time error 200s (floating
>point error)when I run them on a 333MHz Pentium II machine under DOS 6.2,
or
>the DOS box in Win NT 4.0.  They seem to run on lesser non-Pentium II
>processor machines with no problem.
> Is this a known problem with the Pentium II processor and BP7?

> Many thanks in advance

> Peter

Yes, I had the same problem. Contact the address
http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/Pascal/runerr200/
and get a patch for fixing this problem. I did so and now everything is
working fine.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. A patch for BP7 on Pentium II

2. BP7 Pentium II patch

3. PLEEEEEASE Help - Pentium II and protected mode BP7

4. Pentium II problem with programs compiled in Turbo Pascal (CRT unit)

5. pentium II problem

6. Problem with Pentium II

7. BP 7.0 and problem in Pentium II

8. Pentium II Problems

9. Pentium II problem revisitied

10. Problem with BP and Pentium II Processor

11. borland pascal programs don't run with intel pentium II

12. Borland Pascal 7 CRT unit on Pentium II