Exel file format 
Author Message
 Exel file format

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

Thanks in Advance

Lars

+-------------------------------------+
| Lars Reuther                        |
|                                     |
| Dresden University of Technologie   |
| Dept. of Computer Science           |
|                                     |
| E-Mail:                             |


| WWW:                                |
|   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~lr1 |
+-------------------------------------+



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Exel file format

Quote:

>Hello,
>I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
>I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

There's a book from Microsoft Press, called
  Excel 5.0 Developer's Kit

where the file format of XL-Workbooksheets and of XL-Graphs is
documentated (this is the major section of the book due to the
rather-complicated file format).

There is some other stuff (XL-API, XL-OLE-API, XL-Import-Filters)
inside.

Note: Excel-API uses '_cdecl' instead of 'far Pascal' for
      it's exported functions, so you can hardly use it with BP :-(

In Germany it costs DM 115,- which I thing is too much (das ist es
nicht wert)

All the best,
  Robert Beicht  

  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~p7003ot



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 Exel file format


Quote:


>>Hello,

>>I'm looking for information about the format of an Exel File (.xls).
>>I want to generate such a file to work with my data in Exel.

>There's a book from Microsoft Press, called
>  Excel 5.0 Developer's Kit

>where the file format of XL-Workbooksheets and of XL-Graphs is
>documentated (this is the major section of the book due to the
>rather-complicated file format).

>There is some other stuff (XL-API, XL-OLE-API, XL-Import-Filters)
>inside.

>Note: Excel-API uses '_cdecl' instead of 'far pascal' for
>      it's exported functions, so you can hardly use it with BP :-(

>In Germany it costs DM 115,- which I thing is too much (das ist es
>nicht wert)

>All the best,
>  Robert Beicht  

>  http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~p7003ot

>> Maybe write a file in SYLK format, the text based format that Excel

understands automatically?
Martin

- Show quoted text -



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Converting ASCII Text file to compress binary file format

2. File format for *.FNT files.....

3. memo file format

4. unix file format to db

5. Choice of file format: DBase, Paradox, Access, ???

6. Formatted textfile to file of Pascal records

7. How to import a text file into Paradox format

8. Need Fax File Format

9. IntrBase OUT - Next Best Choice for File Format ???

10. Paradox file format

11. db file format

12. File formats & information

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software