change font?
Author Message
 change font?

> I use Turbo Pascal 7, and I was wondering if it possible to change the
> DOS text font. I have looked through the help index, but I cannot see
anything.
> Can anyone help?

I don't think the font for text mode can be changed but there are a few
different fonts available in graphics mode. I think it's SetTextStyle -
look it up in help.

PS - don't use HTML!

--

Faculty Of Science, University Of Liverpool
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change font?

Quote:

>    I use Turbo Pascal 7, and I was wondering if it possible to change
>    the DOS text font. I have looked through the help index, but I
>    cannot see anything. Can anyone help?

For what is available, see Font in the index of the printed manual, or
TextMode in the on-line Help.  If running in a Windows DOS box, the
box's own font changes work.

You can redefine characters;
is a low-grade example, but will show you what to look up in Ralf Brown.

But, if you want to do much with fonts, you need work and/or Windows.

HTML is deprecated here.

Another post here reminds me that I want more on WSC's "But tomorrow I
shall be sober!", for quotes.htm.

--

 Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
 PAS, EXE in <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/> - see 00index.txt.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change font?

Quote:
> Another post here reminds me that I want more on WSC's "But tomorrow I
> shall be sober!", for quotes.htm.

[quote:]
Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!
Yes, and you, Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.
[end quote]
 -- Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

Will that do?

--

Faculty Of Science, University Of Liverpool
http://www.liv.ac.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change font?

Quote:

>> Another post here reminds me that I want more on WSC's "But tomorrow I
>> shall be sober!", for quotes.htm.

>[quote:]
>Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!
>Yes, and you, Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.
>[end quote]
> -- Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

>Will that do?

That's the one; though I had half-remembered it differently.  Thanks.

--

 Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
 Proper 4-line sig. separator is as above, a line exactly "-- " (SonOfRFC1036)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change font?

Quote:

> I use Turbo Pascal 7, and I was wondering if it possible to change
> the
> DOS text font.

Yes you can. See Stretching TURBO PASCAL VERSION 5.5 revised edition by
Kent Porter and Mike Floyd, chapter 11 -- Changing EGA/VGA Text Fonts.
You can make your own custom font or just change some of the characters.

Caveat, the borland IDE will reset a font you install every time it
hits a breakpoint. It's kind of why I never did much with it.

Regards,
Hanford Carr

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Changing fonts in TEditWindow

2. HELP!!! DbGrid changes font

3. Change FONT in TPW 1.5

4. DBGrid changes Font in Edit mode

5. Changing font in Dialog Boxes...

6. Changing font color of DbGrid cell.

7. Changing Font Size In TPW $$$

8. CHANGING FONT IN TEXT MODE

9. CHanging Fonts

10. HELP: I want to change font, that DBD uses to display tables.

11. Font color changes during printing

12. Printing problem: user changes printer resolution , fonts chang