How to exec system commands
Author Message
 How to exec system commands

Quote:
> I'm so stupid!!!! IN EVERY MY PROGRAM I USING $M (SO PROGRAM DO NOT USE ALL
> OF THE FREE MEMORY AND OTHER PROGRAMS CAN RUNNING), AND NOW I ASKING, WHAT
> IT IS? AM I NOT STUPID??????

   Probably the biggest error you're making is attempting your program's
execution in the IDE.  Compiling/running in the TP IDE uses an enormous
amount of Real Memory, so even though you've set a $M directive (e.g. {$M
8192,0,0} ), most Exec calls won't work.  The solution is to Compile to
Disk and run the compiled program from the DOS command.

Quote:
> Sorry for bad english (I'm from Slovenia)!
> Matija Polajnar

   And you might as well change your signature line to stop saying that -
we're well aware you're from there, and so long as you ask reasonable,
detailed questions, the poor command of English doesn't really matter -
just do the best you can...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to exec system commands

Quote:

>> I'm so stupid!!!! IN EVERY MY PROGRAM I USING $M (SO PROGRAM DO NOT USE ALL
>> OF THE FREE MEMORY AND OTHER PROGRAMS CAN RUNNING), AND NOW I ASKING, WHAT
>> IT IS? AM I NOT STUPID??????

>   Probably the biggest error you're making is attempting your program's
>execution in the IDE.  Compiling/running in the TP IDE uses an enormous
>amount of Real Memory, so even though you've set a $M directive (e.g. {$M
>8192,0,0} ), most Exec calls won't work.  The solution is to Compile to
>Disk and run the compiled program from the DOS command.

Or one can use the protected mode IDE (BP or TPX)

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to exec system commands
If it says "Dos error 8", that means, you forget to set the memory usage -
that means Out of memory (nowhere in help)

--
Sorry for bad english (I'm from Slovenia)!
Matija Polajnar

Mike Copeland je v sporoilu napisal ...

Quote:
>> I'm so stupid!!!! IN EVERY MY PROGRAM I USING $M (SO PROGRAM DO NOT USE
ALL
>> OF THE FREE MEMORY AND OTHER PROGRAMS CAN RUNNING), AND NOW I ASKING,
WHAT
>> IT IS? AM I NOT STUPID??????

>   Probably the biggest error you're making is attempting your program's
>execution in the IDE.  Compiling/running in the TP IDE uses an enormous
>amount of Real Memory, so even though you've set a $M directive (e.g. {$M
>8192,0,0} ), most Exec calls won't work.  The solution is to Compile to
>Disk and run the compiled program from the DOS command.

>> Sorry for bad english (I'm from Slovenia)!
>> Matija Polajnar

>   And you might as well change your signature line to stop saying that -
>we're well aware you're from there, and so long as you ask reasonable,
>detailed questions, the poor command of English doesn't really matter -
>just do the best you can...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]