*87 built-in matrix operations?
Author Message
 *87 built-in matrix operations?

>I remember having read somewhere that the *87 numeric coprocessor (or at least
>some types of coprocessors) had built-in matrix operations (multiplying a
>4x4 matrix with a 4-dim. vector or so). However, when a friend asked me for
>that lately, I couldn't find it anymore. Can anyone please tell me where to
>find some information about it?

Intel's don't have those operations; I forget which brand put them in.
However, if I wanted to find out I'd look in Norbert Juffa's writeup
on coprocessors:

(I might have the version number wrong; this is from an old list.)

Duncan Murdoch

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. *87 built-in matrix operations?

2. Basic matrix operations (Pascal)

3. Matrix operation code?

4. Matrix Operations Software

5. Source of EM86/87

6. fast '87 functions

7. FPC: runtime error 87 - What is it?

8. Accessing dbase II+ and/or Clipper (Summer 87) files

9. Freelance s/w developer avail. - MIT ’87 - C++/Unix/NT/Internet/SQL/Sybase DBA/Telephony

10. Software developer seeks offsite work - MIT '87 - Sybase & SQL Server DBA, C/Unix/NT/Delphi/CTI/Internet

11. Freelance s/w developer avail. - MIT ’87 - C/Unix/NT/SQL/Sybase DBA/IVR/Internet

12. Freelance s/w developer avail. - MIT ’87 - C/Unix/NT/SQL/Sybase DBA/IVR/Internet