How to disable Pause key?
Author Message
 How to disable Pause key?

Hi!

Do you know how to disable the Pause key in TP7?
I want to prevent the user from accidentally hitting it
and freezing the program.

What about PrtSc?

Regards,

Jernej

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to disable Pause key?
You could write a new keyboard handler like it is shown in TP7 help under
SetIntVec.

--

mfg, felix

 Der, der wei?, spricht nicht. Der, der spricht, wei? nicht. (Laotse)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to disable Pause key?

Quote:
>Do you know how to disable the Pause key in TP7?
>I want to prevent the user from accidentally hitting it
>and freezing the program.

Write your own keyboard handler.... lucky for you I have written a tutorial
exactly on this subject - with code included to ignore the pause key :))

Get PXDTUT6.ZIP from my page www.image.dk/~tm

Telemachos

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to disable Pause key?

Quote:

> Do you know how to disable the ...
> What about PrtSc?

I use a TSR to disable PrtSc.  It can be loaded from your Autoexec.BAT.
Save the lines between those indicated, to file NOPRTSC.DBG, and then
invoke "DEBUG <NOPRTSC.DBG".  This will write NOPRTSC.COM.

     - Rich

-------- cut here -----------
A 100
MOV AX,CS
MOV DS,AX
MOV DX,0117
MOV AH,25
MOV AL,5
INT 21
MOV AX,3100
MOV DX,13
INT 21
INT 20
IRET

r cx
18
n noprtsc.com
-------- cut here -----------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Trap the PC pause key

2. INHIBER KEY PAUSE

3. Enable/disable key fields when appropriate

4. Disable Escape Key in DBMemo D1.0?

5. Disabling windows 95 keys?

6. Pause/break

7. pauses in Pascal