How can a EXE automake some DOCs?... Look THIS!
Author Message
 How can a EXE automake some DOCs?... Look THIS!

Hello! I need some help :), well i have seen some programs that
auto-make the documentation DOCs from the EXE file... This is very
useful. I want to make a program (This is an Example), a MOD Player...
Well a guy uses my  Freeware Mod player to show his great and latest
MOD in a Shareware CD-ROM, now the user will listen to the MOD but he
will see the program to... He will say Wow! SuperLamerMODPlayer -1.0,
great! but how can i use it... The first guy deleted all the DOCs :-/

There is a FAST and EASY way to put some Text into my EXE and push it
into a file using something like LAMEMOD /DOC.

I think i can make some code like this:

  Write('Lamer DOCs 1 of 1');
 [...]
 Write('End of Lamer DOCs');
                                            ...To a file.

But then it will be hard to update the Info... There is a way to make
some kind of OBJ (Ok >some kind<). ?:-?

If anyone can help... Anyway thanks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How can a EXE automake some DOCs?... Look THIS!

Quote:
> There is a FAST and EASY way to put some Text into my EXE and push it
> into a file using something like LAMEMOD /DOC.

> I think i can make some code like this:

>   Write('Lamer DOCs 1 of 1');
>  [...]
>  Write('End of Lamer DOCs');
>                                             ...To a file.

> But then it will be hard to update the Info... There is a way to make
> some kind of OBJ (Ok >some kind<). :-?

This is pure speculation:

compile your program and just copy /b prog.exe + doc.txt prog2.exe

The conditions are that you begin your textfile with some wierd character
combination, like 'LameMod Docs'.
Your program, in /DOC mode then just searches itself for 'LameMod Docs' (you
may have to set a start pos, or create the search string:

str1:='Docs'
str2:='LameMod'
SearchStr:=str2+' '+str1

so that the search string checker isn't found instead :)
Then your program just reads from the location at the end.

The other way to do this would be a DOX.TPU and simply compile it in, but
then you'd have to type all the writelns :(
--
* TQ 1.0 * The 'Just So Quotes'.
The C Programming Language: combines the flexibility of assembly language

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How can a EXE automake some DOCs?... Look THIS!

Quote:

>> There is a FAST and EASY way to put some Text into my EXE and push it
>> into a file using something like LAMEMOD /DOC.

>compile your program and just copy /b prog.exe + doc.txt prog2.exe

>The conditions are that you begin your textfile with some wierd character
>combination, like 'LameMod Docs'.
>Your program, in /DOC mode then just searches itself for 'LameMod Docs' (you
>may have to set a start pos, or create the search string:

This is all unnecessary!  Just write the text file, convert it to
an .obj file with binobj, then you can access it with pointers
inside a liked program.  Here, I'll show you:

First make a text file.  We'll call it mydocs.txt.

Then convert it like this:
        "binobj mydocs.txt mydocs.obj mydocsdata"

Then, you can suck it into your program like this:

procedure mydocsdata;external;
{$L mydocs.obj}

Here's a program that would spit out the documentation.

{cut here--------------}

program spitfile;

var
  f:file;

procedure mydocsdata;external;
{$L mydocs.obj}

begin
  assign(f,'mydocs.txt');
  rewrite(f,1);

  {

  if not, just put something like "const docsize=3752" at the top
  and replace the "sizeof" with docsize.
  }
  close(f);
end.

Hope this helps.
--

*THE* PC Demo WWW page:  http://www.cdrom.com/pub/demos/hornet/html/demos.html
The 8086 Compo is a reality! URL is http://www.cdrom.com/pub/demos/hornet/8086

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. EXE file that make some DOCs...

2. It's not bad canned meat...

3. Looking For Delphi EXE to display Query Percentage Status

4. pascal and automake?

5. Looking for TPCX.EXE

6. looking for binobj.exe

7. TPX.EXE AND TURBO.EXE {difference between}

8. TPX.EXE and TURBO.EXE

9. Windows EXE and DOS EXE

10. EXE to PAS or EXE to C\c++ ?

11. Appending exe to exe file