Re; Borland, very large
Author Message
 Re; Borland, very large

I have Borland but I'm wondering where to find a smaller version of
Pascal on the net.  I've heard the essentials for Pascal can fit on a
floppy?.  Any information would be appreciated.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Re; Borland, very large

 e> I have Borland but I'm wondering where to find a smaller version of
 e> Pascal on the net.  I've heard the essentials for Pascal can fit on a
 e> floppy?.  Any information would be appreciated.

When I look at the size of BP.EXE, Turbo.TPL and RTM.EXE, I see that they will
fit on a 1.44 Mb floppy, and then you have more than 700 Kb free space left...
So what's your problem?

Cheers, Cor.

--
| Via alex.xs4all.nl - HCC OS/2 GG Alexander BBS Rotterdam [NL]
| FidoNet 2:500/158 & 2:500/285 - +31-10-4565600 & +31-10-2201454
| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his/her own.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Re; Borland, very large

:I have Borland but I'm wondering where to find a smaller version of
:Pascal on the net.  I've heard the essentials for Pascal can fit on a
:floppy?.  Any information would be appreciated.

A judicious selection of TP 4.0 files (and even 5.0) can achieve
that. Done it a number of years ago with 4.0 and 720Kb.

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Re; Borland, very large

Quote:

>I have Borland but I'm wondering where to find a smaller version of
>Pascal on the net.  I've heard the essentials for Pascal can fit on a
>floppy?.  Any information would be appreciated.

The necessary parts of MSDOS3.3 and TP5.0 (compiler, library, help) will
fit on a 720K floppy with room to spare, and will run in a perfectly
satisfactory manner.  Where you can get a licenced copy from nowadays I
do not know.  Wouldn't it be nice if such old stuff were released as
unsupported shareware?
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Re; Borland, very large

Quote:
> I have Borland but I'm wondering where to find a smaller version of
> Pascal on the net.  I've heard the essentials for Pascal can fit on a
> floppy?.  Any information would be appreciated.

I have an emergency floppy with DOS, TPC and TURBO.TPL, EDIT.COM from
Win95, an entire Linux kernel, loadlin, format, fdisk, pk[un]zip, arj, gzip,
expand, scandisk, attrib, RAMDISK, HIMEM, sys.com and a few of my favourite
units and miscellaneous utilities.  I call it `The DOS Paddle' and it
has got me out of several creeks ;-)

So, err, Yes, I believe the essentials of TP will fit on a floppy :-)  I
expect BP will be much the same for a *minimum* installation.

.splitbung
--
* TQ 1.0 * The 'Just So Quotes'.
 I love Kubrick's movies, but I never could get anywhere with his Cube.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Re; Borland, very large

Quote:

>A judicious selection of TP 4.0 files (and even 5.0) can achieve
>that. Done it a number of years ago with 4.0 and 720Kb.

Through TP 7.0 even, it should be able to fit on a floppy.  Even
through that particular install program, it states as an option to
create a floppy disk system.

Glenn Grotzinger
Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/3537
Writer of Excellent Training Manual known as the TP Tutorial.
You may find this material on the web page eventually.
Other interesting things will eventually exist as well.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Borland Pascal for Windows. Data segment too Large

2. Borland Pascal 7 and Borland C++

3. Incorporating Borland C++ 3.1 functions into Borland Pascal 7

4. Large BLOBS

5. Large, fast DB?

6. Largest Number Allowed In TMT Pascal?

7. "lock file has grown too large"

8. MSSQL 6.0 and 6.5 and TDBMEMO field report (Memo too Large)

9. Accessing large tables via Delphi components

10. bincancel:11 large binaries:AR592:@@NCM

11. tDBImage, file larger w. smaller images