Printing - question
Author Message
 Printing - question

I wrote a program that prints a report to a file and then sends that file
to the printer.  It worked fine in DOS, but it doesn't work from within a
DOS window in Windows 95.

With TP, is there a way to send a file to the printer in Win 95?  In DOS,
as long as PRINT was installed, my program could send the file to the
print queue.  I really don't want to sit there and print line by line if
it can be helped.

Thanks!
--
The ideas/opinions expressed herein are strictly my own and are not those
of DuPont.  User will be solely responsible for their use.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Printing - question

Quote:
> I wrote a program that prints a report to a file and then sends that file
> to the printer.  It worked fine in DOS, but it doesn't work from within a
> DOS window in Windows 95.

> With TP, is there a way to send a file to the printer in Win 95?  In DOS,
> as long as PRINT was installed, my program could send the file to the
> print queue.  I really don't want to sit there and print line by line if
> it can be helped.

> Thanks!

Assuming you write your report to a file you could do this:

uses printer
..
Writeln(Lst,'whatever');
..

Instead of

..
Writeln(File,'whatever');
..

Or (I'm not sure about this one) you could do this:
exec('','type report.txt>prn');

--
Martijn v.d. Horst

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Printing question

2. D1: TDBGrid Printing Question

3. Printing Question

4. Delphi Printing Question

5. Printing database question

6. newbie question: printing tables

7. Easy Question--About Printing?

8. ReportSmith - question on defining records for printing

9. Question About Printing.

10. Question Dos Printing in Win95

11. Question: Printing a Query

12. How to print to Novell print queue?