SMTP client 
Author Message
 SMTP client

I want to program a SMTP client with TPW so that I can send mail through my own
programs but I dont know the format of an email.
So please help me.

--

 Felix
----------
Versuchst Du einen Ausdruck mit n Seiten, liegen n-1 B?gen Papier im Drucker.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 SMTP client

Quote:

>I want to program a SMTP client with TPW so that I can send mail through my
own
>programs but I dont know the format of an email.
>So please help me.

Here is an example of email:


DATE:BLAH BLAH
TIME:BLAH BLAH
{here can be some more informations...}

{note that here is a one empty line}
Here goes the body of your email

{aaaaaarrrrgh! i forgot how do we say to computer: "Here's the end of
message" =(}

That's it! DATE: and TIME: are not required.

btw, does anyone know some newsgroup for internet (protoclos/programming)?



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 SMTP client

Quote:

>Here is an example of email:


>DATE:BLAH BLAH
>TIME:BLAH BLAH

Actually, the format of these lines would be;



(Case signifigant, and there have to be brackets around the address(s)).

Quote:
>{aaaaaarrrrgh! i forgot how do we say to computer: "Here's the end of
>message" =(}

To end the message, simply send a single period ('.') followed by a CrLf
(#13#10).

Quote:
>btw, does anyone know some newsgroup for internet (protoclos/programming)?

If you search for the RFC's, you should find all the information you
need. Unfortunately, I don't know of any newsgroups that might have the
information you need, but if you scan the list of groups for things like
"PROTOCOL", or "RFC", you should get some groups on the topic you need.


-- Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/
--- ICQ UIN # 3484915
---- Remove 'thir{*filter*}' to reply



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. SMTP Client

2. SMTP & Rich Text

3. FreePascal unit for SMTP?

4. Sending and receiving email (SMTP & POP3)

5. SMTP and NNTP source????

6. Just uploaded FREEWARE NNTP, SMTP and POP3 component to Super Page

7. smtp

8. Automatically detect SMTP server - Anybody knows ???

9. ActiveX SMTP in Delphi2

10. CLIENT - SERVER (How many clients?)

11. Client - Server "How many clients?"

12. Delphi 3.0 Client/Server with Sybase - client setup questions!

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software