Need a windows ver of pascal
Author Message
 Need a windows ver of pascal

I need a windows ver of Pascal that allows you to type the language in the
program and then complier easily, as i am a student studying for my A level
i would prefer if this software  was free :)))

Any help will be greatly appricaited

Thanks David Elliott

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

> I need a windows ver of pascal that allows you to type the language in the
> program and then complier easily, as i am a student studying for my A level
> i would prefer if this software  was free :)))

What you want is Delphi. I just read that a version of Delphi will accompany
the PC Plus magazine in the UK, where you seem to live. It should be available
from September, 26 on.

--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/txt/NGpaint.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal
Delphi 3 was available with a Swedish magazine in May. So if you're lucky,
you can get a 32-bit compiler for the price of a magazine!

/HM

Quote:

> > I need a windows ver of pascal that allows you to type the language in
the
> > program and then complier easily, as i am a student studying for my A
level
> > i would prefer if this software  was free :)))

> What you want is Delphi. I just read that a version of Delphi will
accompany
> the PC Plus magazine in the UK, where you seem to live. It should be
available
> from September, 26 on.

> --
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/txt/NGpaint.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:
> I need a windows ver of pascal that allows you to type the language in the
> program and then complier easily, as i am a student studying for my A
level
> i would prefer if this software  was free :)))

At least here in Finland universities have enterprise licenses that allows
Borland/Inprise programs distributed to staff & students freely.

We can also update our versions  after graduation for the very latest
commercial licenses by paying only update prize :)

--
* Mr Mikael Holm * www: http://miffe.i.am/
* phone: +358-(0)50-5862479 * ircnick: tallero * e-mail: miffe(at)i.am

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

> > I need a windows ver of pascal that allows you to type the language in the
> > program and then complier easily, as i am a student studying for my A level
> > i would prefer if this software  was free :)))

> What you want is Delphi. I just read that a version of Delphi will accompany
> the PC Plus magazine in the UK, where you seem to live. It should be available
> from September, 26 on.

> --
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/txt/NGpaint.html

Do you want a version that creates Windows style programs or just a
programming environment that runs AS a windows program?

I use Borland's Turbo Pascal for Windows.  It works just great for school
stuff.  Just "USE" WinCRT rather than the regular CRT unit.

To make real Windows style programs I think you need Delphi as others
have pointed out.

safety." - Ben Franklin
Visit http://www.cdt.org/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

> I use Borland's Turbo Pascal for Windows.  It works just great for school
> stuff.  Just "USE" WinCRT rather than the regular CRT unit.

> To make real Windows style programs I think you need Delphi as others
> have pointed out.

You can make "make real Windows style programs" with TPW/BPW, but I
agree, it's much easier with Delphi.

     - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal
where do i get my hands on this wincrt unit?
thanx
craig

Quote:

> > I use Borland's Turbo Pascal for Windows.  It works just great for
school
> > stuff.  Just "USE" WinCRT rather than the regular CRT unit.

> > To make real Windows style programs I think you need Delphi as others
> > have pointed out.

> You can make "make real Windows style programs" with TPW/BPW, but I
> agree, it's much easier with Delphi.

>      - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

> where do i get my hands on this wincrt unit?
> thanx
> craig

On the source disks that came with the program when you bought it.

--
http://www.geocities.com/aibrain/        "AIBrain Home Page"

"To gain an intimate knowledge of our weapons of destruction,
please place both hands over your eyes and count to three..." -SC2

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

>If you have a proper legal copy of TPW or BPW, WinCrt should already be
>in the Library; use it as you would use any other standard unit.  If you
>have BP7, you should also have its Pascal source.

Amazing. All that spiel and you actually took the time to post something
useful.

Line too long, snipped.

Quote:
>  Timo's TurboPascal <A HREF="ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip">FAQ</A>.
>  Pedt: <A HREF="http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt">c.l.p.b. mFAQ</A>.

HTML in sig.

--

Humming along under SuSE Linux 6.0 / OS/2 Warp 4

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

>>  Timo's TurboPascal <A HREF="ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip">FAQ</A>.
>>  Pedt: <A HREF="http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt">c.l.p.b. mFAQ</A>.

>HTML in sig.

Correct.  Amazing that no-one, including you and me, seems to have
spotted that before.  Of course, there can be no valid objection to bits
of relevant HTML anywhere within the body of a post (which includes the
Sig.); the objection is to posts actually written in HTML, which should
have a header line so that the reading software can see that it is HTML.
But in this case, it used more characters than were needed.

It should have been, and now is, as below; you have saved me enough
space to allow the insertion not only of a Salmi but also of a Scragg.

None of my other 20 sigs contained 'href'.

Now nobody reading this group will have any excuse at all for not being
fully familiar with the FAQ & mFAQ.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

:
:Amazing. All that spiel and you actually took the time to post something
:useful.

(more of the same, snipped)

Dear Stewart,

A detached observation. It is naturally your free decision what you
post about Pascal and Pascal postings, but please be seriously
advised that your bickering vendetta against John is not to your
credit.

   All the best, Timo

Digital photos collection at http://www.uwasa.fi/ktt/lasktoim/photo/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

:>HTML in sig.

:Correct.  Amazing that no-one, including you and me, seems to have
:spotted that before.  Of course, there can be no valid objection to bits

John, what seems to be happening here is that Stewart is confusing
legitimate HTML references (i.e. common references to WWW resources)
and the netiquette-breaching posting in actual HTML. The Usenet news
is full of the former, practically in every newsgroup.

BTW, my own signature has several references to WWW resources. Yet
it would be counter-factual to claim that I post partly in HTML.
Anyway, this grievance of Stewart's no more is a

reference again, yet not posting in HTML). Followups redirected to

   All the best, Timo

Digital photos collection at http://www.uwasa.fi/ktt/lasktoim/photo/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:
>A detached observation. It is naturally your free decision what you
>post about Pascal and Pascal postings, but please be seriously
>advised that your bickering vendetta against John is not to your
>credit.

My vendetta is against people whos self-righteousness extends to everyone
but themselves. Apparently, you're so in love with John that you don't
notice his hypocricy.

He rants about signature lines having to be less than xx characters in
length, yet most of his signatures contain 80+ character lines.

He rants about people posting HTML of any sort to newsgroups, yet many
of his signatures contain HTML hyperlinks.

<A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ">Link!</A> is HTML).

He rants about people t{*filter*} quotes, yet he frequently leaves several
quote headers intact when quoting a message.

He rants about people posting on-topic messages, yet most of his messages
contain rants and raves about others use of Usenet.

He rants at people to read the FAQs, without helping them in any way. (To
his credit, though, he does atleast include links to the FAQs in question).

My "vendetta", as you put it, is not only with him - but with every other
Usenet egomaniac (Ref: Mike Copeland) who show their hypocrisy day in and
day out. Mike rants about reading FAQs, yet has posted to an HTML newsgroup
asking one of the most common, basic questions related to HTML - how to
change text colour.

The difference being, as much as I dislike idiots posting redundant questions,
atleast I aim to help people rather than turn them away from the group(s)
altogether.

I do believe that you're another one to rant about posting topical messages,
yet you continue these threads in-group rather than taking them to e-mail.
Have something to prove, do we?

--

Humming along under SuSE Linux 6.0 / OS/2 Warp 4

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need a windows ver of pascal

Quote:

>>A detached observation. It is naturally your free decision what you
>>post about Pascal and Pascal postings, but please be seriously
>>advised that your bickering vendetta against John is not to your
>>credit.

>My vendetta is against people whos self-righteousness extends to everyone
>but themselves.

Stewart,

Apart from the fact that I'll also be part of your vendetta for responding,
some points:

Quote:

>He rants about signature lines having to be less than xx characters in
>length, yet most of his signatures contain 80+ character lines.

Please be aware that John is using software [as do I] that will warn when any
line/s (including signature lines) is/are too long.

Quote:

>He rants about people posting HTML of any sort to newsgroups, yet many
>of his signatures contain HTML hyperlinks.

Many <> One

Quote:

><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ">Link!</A> is HTML).

making an immediate change to that *one* sig when pointed out.

Quote:

>He rants about people t{*filter*} quotes, yet he frequently leaves several
>quote headers intact when quoting a message.

Leaving some previous quote headers can be very useful when a thread has
diverged somewhat from the original question and the context is important.

Quote:

>He rants about people posting on-topic messages, yet most of his messages
>contain rants and raves about others use of Usenet.

Rubbish. Looking through my archive [for more than one newsgroup I might add]
_most_ of his messages do *not* contain rants and raves about use of Usenet.

Quote:

>He rants at people to read the FAQs, without helping them in any way. (To
>his credit, though, he does atleast include links to the FAQs in question).

FAQ's are for reading. I would recommend, for Usenet,

Quote:

>My "vendetta", as you put it, is not only with him - but with every other
>Usenet egomaniac (Ref: Mike Copeland) who show their hypocrisy day in and
>day out.

You seem to have a vendetta with everyone who wishes Usenet to remain usable
for the majority of people.

Quote:
>I do believe that you're another one to rant about posting topical messages,
>Have something to prove, do we?

Timo always posts useful, relevant and concise information based on the post he
is replying to. He has a large FAQ for Usenet, also a large Pascal FAQ, and is a
co-moderator of at least one moderated newsgroup.

IMO, and no doubt many others, Timo has nothing to 'prove' as you put it.

You are seriously off-topic in clpb so follow-up directed to relevant group.

--
Information on clp.borland posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Turbo Pascal Ver 1.5 for windows

2. Using ver... installation functions in Windows

3. DELPHI 2 AND WINDOWS NT VER. 5

4. Turbo Pascal Ver 7.0

5. Turbo Pascal ver 1.5 with Debugger with Win 95

6. Turbo Pascal ver 7.0 -urgent question

7. Pascal Ver 7 Problem with CopyLZFile

8. Index-file browser for turbo vision (Turbo Pascal ver 6.0)

9. comp.lang.pascal.borland FAQ, ver 0.5

10. Need help with Turbo Pascal for Windows...

11. I need Turbo Pascal 7 for windows