Porting BP/TP 7.0 programs to Windows 3.X/95/NT
Author Message
 Porting BP/TP 7.0 programs to Windows 3.X/95/NT

I think I may know the answer to this question, but are there any
utilities or libraries/toolkits (either shareware or commercial) that
will assist in porting BP DOS apps over to Windows.  I think that it
could be done in a quick and dirty way by making the DOS app into a
Windows console app, but a true/clean port would require a complete or
mostly complete re-write of the application.  The application(s) that
I need to convert:  1) 99% text mode, using library calls from the
Technojock's Turbo toolkit. 2) An application in graphics using
MetaWindow, which is very similar to BGI. I believe Ryle Design has a
library for turning BP BGI apps into Windows compatible programs.

Any thoughts here?  I would like to either re-write the app in Borland
Pascal for Windows, or probably better yet delphi 3.X/4.X.

Thank you very much  for any comments,

Mike McWhinney
Chief Engineer
elja, Inc.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. installation of bp with objects 7.0 in windows 95

2. BP 7.0 and Windows 95

3. BP 7.0: Loader error (0025) with Btrieve 6.15 for DOS under Windows 95

4. Running TP 7.0 Under Windows 95?

5. Porting BP 7 code(Dos) to W 95

6. BP 7.0 (TDW) and Windows NT 4.0

7. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

8. Porting from TP for DOS 5.0 to TP for windows 1.5

9. Windows NT 4.0 and TP 7.0

10. Windows NT 4.0 and TP 7.0

11. Borland Pascal 7.0 - Debugger for Windows and Windows '95

12. FPC: Porting assembly from BP 7.0