ini files
Author Message
 ini files

Hi,
I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do
to accomplish that. Does anyone of you have an idea?
Thanks for your help.  Gilles

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:54:22 GMT
 ini files

Quote:

> I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do
> to accomplish that. Does anyone of you have an idea?
> Thanks for your help.  Gilles

It is pretty simple. Copy the file _except_ the line in question, remove
the original file, and rename the copied file to the original name.

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:03:15 GMT
 ini files

Quote:

> I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do

What is the entry you'd like to remove? A section header block and all
items belonging to it, or just a value definition?

--
Brian Key

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:26:02 GMT
 ini files
Quote:

>>I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do

> What is the entry you'd like to remove? A section header block and all
> items belonging to it, or just a value definition?

Hi Brian,
well it's just a value that i've entered with the
"WritePrivateProfileString" function and I want to remove.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:35:25 GMT
 ini files

Quote:

>>I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do
>>to accomplish that. Does anyone of you have an idea?
>>Thanks for your help.  Gilles

> It is pretty simple. Copy the file _except_ the line in question, remove
> the original file, and rename the copied file to the original name.

Seems a little too complicated, doesn't have BP7 a function that
accomplish that?

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:39:19 GMT
 ini files

Quote:

>>>I'd like to remove an entry in an *.ini file and I don't know what to do
>>>to accomplish that. Does anyone of you have an idea?
>>>Thanks for your help.  Gilles

>> It is pretty simple. Copy the file _except_ the line in question, remove
>> the original file, and rename the copied file to the original name.
> Seems a little too complicated, doesn't have BP7 a function that
> accomplish that?

Not that I know of, INI files are windows-only. But maybe the win3.1x compability
of BP has something. I never used that though.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:11:13 GMT
 ini files

Quote:
>>>It is pretty simple. Copy the file _except_ the line in question, remove
>>>the original file, and rename the copied file to the original name.

>>Seems a little too complicated, doesn't have BP7 a function that
>>accomplish that?

> Not that I know of, INI files are windows-only. But maybe the win3.1x compability
> of BP has something. I never used that though.

There is some quite usefull ini-file object in SWAG (www.gdsoft.com)
It has quite a lot of things for ini-handling.

Greetings

Markus

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:33:29 GMT

1. INI file reader library

2. INI files

3. Help with INI files!

4. How to save password to INI file?

5. Delphi & .INI files

6. *.INI Files How do you do them ?

7. How to read INI files?

8. INI files

9. What's better... Ini-File or Registry

10. INI files & Delphi 2.0

11. Is there any good INI-file-unit?

12. Modifying a WIN.INI file...