Misc Graphic Questions
Author Message
 Misc Graphic Questions

Hello....
Problems are listed in no particular order.

Prob #1

I am having a little trouble with changing to a 320x200 256 color mode

using InitGraph.... help?!

Prob #2

How can i open a binary file using a location like in BASIC Get and Put

statments?

Prob #3

How can move pictures with transparency across the screen quickly

without messing up a background?

Thank everbody that answers ever so much...

A programmer's life is the computer they use (you know, the one they

screw up so much)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Misc Graphic Questions

Quote:

> Hello....
> Problems are listed in no particular order.

> Prob #1

> I am having a little trouble with changing to a 320x200 256 color mode

> using InitGraph.... help?!

You'll have to have a bgidriver supporting this mode if you want to do
it using Initgraph. There are better ways to get into this mode, but you
won't be able to use the GRAPH-procedures then. Look for Denthor of
Asphyxia's tutorials. It not only explains how to do all this, but gives
you the code with it.

Quote:

> Prob #2

> How can i open a binary file using a location like in BASIC Get and
> Put

> statments?

Use SEEK (?)
> Prob #3

> How can move pictures with transparency across the screen quickly

> without messing up a background?

Use sprites. There are several ways to implement them, depending on the
graphics mode you use.
You may want to have a look at my programmingpage at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~remcodek/program.html which has the basics of
graphics programming in TurboPascal, including a short explanation on
sprites and an example program.

Quote:
> Thank everbody that answers ever so much...

> A programmer's life is the computer they use (you know, the one they

>{*filter*}up so much)

Remco

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Creating sports schedules [misc]...

2. comp.lang.pascal.misc, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. About lang.pascal.misc

4. Links Related To comp.lang.pascal.misc - FREE ACCESS 0228

5. Links Related To comp.lang.pascal.misc - FREE ACCESS 0226

6. Links Related To comp.lang.pascal.misc - FREE ACCESS

7. Links Related To comp.lang.pascal.misc - FREE ACCESS 0219

8. Links Related To comp.lang.pascal.misc - FREE ACCESS

9. SUBSCRIBE comp.lang.pascal.misc

10. Attn:comp.lang.pascal.misc - JUMBO DNS Prob

11. *** Welcome to comp.lang.pascal.misc ***

12. graphics and bitblt questions