BE: Re: parallel port for data acquisition
Author Message
 BE: Re: parallel port for data acquisition

>   port[$378]:=b;       {transmit the byte}
>   b:=port[$378];  {read the parallel port at $378}

I do not know the cable mentioned, but with most cables for parallel port data transfer, output data goes to $378 (or whatever baseaddress you actually have), but only four bits wide. The corresponding four lines are coupled to the four status input pins (hence the four bit limit) of the partner port. These bits may be read back on $379 baseaddr+1, if i am not wrong. Check our cable  or try to write single 0 bit pattern to 378 and look, where the 0s appear on $379.
hth

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
 Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. parallel port for data acquisition

2. Parallel port for data acquisition....Continue!

3. Need help with getting data from parallel port

4. toggling data lines on parallel port

5. parallel port for data acquisition. Need help too!

6. Parallel port control

7. Reading a parallel port

8. Redefine the parallel port?

9. Parallel port success!!!!