Com Port Routies
Author Message
 Com Port Routies

Does anybody have a library of serial port routines??   I will be changing
code that has been in use for 15 years.  I will add a 5 port serial card to
a PC where a operator will enter numbers via a numeric keypad.

thanks...

Darryl

Fri, 20 May 2005 08:40:52 GMT
 Com Port Routies

Quote:
> Does anybody have a library of serial port routines??   I will be
changing
> code that has been in use for 15 years.  I will add a 5 port serial
card to
> a PC where a operator will enter numbers via a numeric keypad.

> thanks...

> Darryl

I advice you to look for the following file

comm_tp5.zip

It is available on alsmost any Pascal download site. It works on
interrupt basis and is completely written in pascal.
Out of a number of com port libraries I once tested this was the most
reliable one. (even better than some commercial ones.)

If you change the MaxPorts parameter in the source, it has com1..com4.
I'm afraid that the 5th com port is not a DOS standard. You will have to
look in the documentation of the card on how to approach these extra
ports.

--
Femme

Fri, 20 May 2005 23:28:14 GMT
 Com Port Routies
duhduh schrieb:

Quote:
> Does anybody have a library of serial port routines??   I will be changing
> code that has been in use for 15 years.  I will add a 5 port serial card to
> a PC where a operator will enter numbers via a numeric keypad.

> thanks...

> Darryl

look at www.gdsoft.com for the SWAG package, it also has some COM stuff
(among other usefull sources)

Greetings

Markus

Sat, 21 May 2005 03:02:53 GMT

1. Problems with com ports and windows 2000

2. Access to COM-Port

3. com port already in use broblem

4. Accessing COM ports under Win NT with BP 7.0

5. Accessing com-port

6. Com Port Access

7. Simplying serial com port selection

8. Com-port

9. Com Port Routines

10. HELP- Writing to com ports!

11. COM-Port

12. Comment progrmmer les port Com et lpt...