Making and using drivers in BP 7.0??
Author Message
 Making and using drivers in BP 7.0??

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a program i'm writing. It's a program that can
read, write, edit, reply and delete packet radio messages.
(For information: packet radio is a network of computers, with use of a
27Mc tranceiver and a packet modem.)
Because i want the program to handle more types of packet modems, i
think i'll have to use a sort of .DRV file or something like that.
I've already try'd something with DLL, but that would'nt work.

Someone know the solution???

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Making and using drivers in BP 7.0??

Quote:

> I'm having a problem with a program i'm writing. It's a program that can
> read, write, edit, reply and delete packet radio messages.
> (For information: packet radio is a network of computers, with use of a
> 27Mc tranceiver and a packet modem.)
> Because i want the program to handle more types of packet modems, i
> think i'll have to use a sort of .DRV file or something like that.

Use a unit for each type. Note, however, that units cannot be loaded
separately as they are only logical divisions of the program.

Quote:
> I've already try'd something with DLL, but that would'nt work.

What exactly did not work? If you describe your problem more precisely,
someone will certainly be able to help you.

Otherwise, you can create your own .exe file for each type and call it from
the main program using the Exec procedure. Or you can write the driver files
in assembly. Compile them to a .com file. Load that .com file as data from
within your main program and run the data (sounds weird, I know). Be careful
with memory references and the stack.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Making a GUI with BP 7.0

2. BP 7.0 comp. DOS using with IntelMMX

3. Printing Dialogs using OWL (BP 7.0)

4. Db.StartTransaction in Delphi 2.01 using MS Access 7.0 ODBC Driver fails

5. BP 7.0 and BP 7.1

6. Difference between BP 7.0 / BP 7.1 ?

7. A list of programs made with BP or Delphi, please

8. A list of programs made with BP or Delphi, please

9. Opening an database made with SIX driver with memo's in delphi

10. Check out this game made in TP 7.0

11. Making my own drivers

12. Translation of OWL for BP 7.0 to 32 bit