TurboPascal on the 9110
Author Message
 TurboPascal on the 9110

Hi!

I succeeded in installing Borland's TurboPascal6.0 command line driven
compiler on my Nokia 9110 Communicator: Just copy the tpc.exe & turbo.tpl
files to a suitable directory on your Communicator, use Dave's DOSPROMPT-
Launcher (from http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) to prevent GEOS from booting and
drop to a MSDOS command.com instead.
Simple "hello world!"-programs compile & run well then from the command
line.

However, installing the full-featured development environment (i.e.:
turbo.exe) doesn't work: When the environment starts up, only rubbish is
displayed on the 9110's display -seems as if TurboPascal tries to write
directly to the screen memory instead of using INT10h for this task.
(Much the same when you try QEDIT.EXE as an editor on the 9110, so this is
another indicator..)

-Do you remember a way to force TP to do so? (or QEDIT or any other of
those old MSDOS-programs?)

by(t)e,
 Kai

--
Kai Rohrbacher, kairo AT maya DOT inka DOT de
"Die Deutschen verstehen leicht Freiheitsspielraeume als

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal on the 9110

Quote:

>-Do you remember a way to force TP to do so? (or QEDIT or any other of
>those old MSDOS-programs?)

There is no (simple) way to force TP or most other DOS programs to use BIOS
calls. In the programs you make with TP, you can set the variable
directvideo to false.

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. PROBLEM WITH TURBOPASCAL

2. TurboPascal

3. LEARNING TURBOPASCAL

4. OT: is borland.public.turbopascal gone?

5. Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

6. Euro Character in TurboPascal

7. TurboPascal reference / TURBO.HLP unpacker?

8. TurboPascal 6 fonction Not in TP3

9. TurboPascal v1.5 for Win

10. Q: CMD Line Arguements HowTow get them ...using TurboPascal 4.0 MS-DOS

11. TurboPascal programs on fast PCs

12. TurboPascal and Medassociates Software