Chaining
Author Message
 Chaining

I'm using TP7.0, and although it has an EXEC() function, it doesn't
allow chaining to another program.  Can anyone tell how I can do this?

Thanks.
*                    AW Clarke Consulting                     *
*             http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~awclarke              *

*   A coward dies a thousands deaths, a brave man only one.   *
*         Let fear be a counselor, and not a jailer!          *

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Chaining

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:46:30 -0500,  "Andrew W. Clarke III"

Quote:

>I'm using TP7.0, and although it has an EXEC() function, it doesn't
>allow chaining to another program.  Can anyone tell how I can do this?

Chaining was dropped with version 4.0

The closest I have come is to place global variables into a common unit.  Then
design the program so that each phase (old style chained program) into separate
units and overlay everything except common units.  Of course you could overlay
them too and let the overlay manager handle things.  Your choice.

I believe there may be some code around that will allow "chaining" to another
executable, but I'm not certain how they handle shared variables.  When I need
programs to run in sequence w/o shared variables I either use a batch file, or a
control program that acts like a sophisticated batch process.

    ...red

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Chain-4

2. BP7 protected mode chain to another program

3. Serial Communications interupt chaining.

4. Trouble with interrupt chaining

5. Chaining mouse event handlers in BP7

6. Problem CHAINING to an EXE file

7. Chaining to timer interrupt from protected mode

8. BP7/DOS: Chaining object methods (rather than calling them)

9. chained pointers

10. Chaining ISR