VERY FAST 2D ROTATION
Author Message
 VERY FAST 2D ROTATION

Does anyone know where I can get an extremely fast 2D Rotation Procedure?

Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VERY FAST 2D ROTATION

Quote:
>Does anyone know where I can get an extremely fast 2D Rotation Procedure?

Yes. Here:

xx := x*cos(phi) - y*sin(phi);
yy := x*sin(phi) + y*cos(phi);

Regards
Horst

 *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VERY FAST 2D ROTATION

Quote:

> >Does anyone know where I can get an extremely fast 2D Rotation
> Procedure?

> Yes. Here:

> xx := x*cos(phi) - y*sin(phi);
> yy := x*sin(phi) + y*cos(phi);

> Regards
> Horst

>  *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Is this extremely fast? Or is it sarcasm?
(at least you could've used lookup-tables ;)

Remco

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VERY FAST 2D ROTATION

Quote:

>xx := x*cos(phi) - y*sin(phi);
>yy := x*sin(phi) + y*cos(phi);

You might want to add look-up tables for sine and cosine - you calculate the
values once, store them in an array, and then refer to them as cos_table[phi],
etc.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VERY FAST 2D ROTATION

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:59:32 +0200, Remco de Korte

Quote:

>> >Does anyone know where I can get an extremely fast 2D Rotation
>> Procedure?
>> Yes. Here:
>> xx := x*cos(phi) - y*sin(phi);
>> yy := x*sin(phi) + y*cos(phi);

[...]

Quote:
>Is this extremely fast? Or is it sarcasm?
>(at least you could've used lookup-tables ;)

How fast it is depends on the implementation. If lookup tables are
used, it may be still faster. Probably I didn't understand the
question ;-)

Regards
Horst

 *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 2d rotation

2. Fast cursor blinking rate on fast machines?

3. I need Help (fast) and i mean fast...

4. vector rotation unit needed

5. Rotation

6. Help: Rotation algorithm

7. circular rotation