Important notice from Borland on copying Installation Disks
Author Message
 Important notice from Borland on copying Installation Disks

To whom it may concern:

This is the question and the reply I got from Borland about the
legality of copying installation disks.

Quote:

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:25:26 -0800

Subject: defective installation disks -Reply

Dear Sir,

First, our apologies for the extreme delay answering your message.

It is often exceedingly difficult for a person to find replacement disks for
old product, especially outside of the United States. It is however,
perfectly legal for you to make a copy of your disk and offer as a
replacement to your co-worker's defective disk. You might also take the
opportunity to make backup copies of your own disks, just in case.

Regards,

Borland Forum Manager

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Important notice from Borland on copying Installation Disks

Quote:

>To whom it may concern:
>This is the question and the reply I got from Borland about the
>legality of copying installation disks.
>>Dear Sirs,
>>I don't know whether I got the right place to ask. If not,
>>please forward this message to the right service. Thanks.

>>I am using TP 7.0 legally as a teacher. I was now asked to give a
>>copy of the third installation disk to another user who had an
>>unrecoverable disk error. I told him to contact you or his dealer
>>who shurely would replace the defective diskette no matter what
>>version, as long as this user bought the product.

>>My question is: do you really do this or is it left to the user
>>to take care of his disks? And if so, what can a user do if his
>>installation disks fail at the first installation attempt?

>>One final word: I really do appreciate TP, it is really a GOOD
>>product and shurely worth its money!
>Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:25:26 -0800

>Subject: defective installation disks -Reply
>Dear Sir,
>First, our apologies for the extreme delay answering your message.
>It is often exceedingly difficult for a person to find replacement disks for
>old product, especially outside of the United States. It is however,
>perfectly legal for you to make a copy of your disk and offer as a
>replacement to your co-worker's defective disk. You might also take the
>opportunity to make backup copies of your own disks, just in case.
>Regards,
>Borland Forum Manager

I think that it is understood here (but worth pointing out) that in this case
both the person who had the defective disk and the one who offered to make a
replacement copy both owned licensed copies of the product at the time.  Since
the act did not deprive any copyright holder of revenue or otherwise impinge
upon their rights, it was not an act of piracy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Important notice from Borland on copying Installation Disks

Quote:

> >To whom it may concern:

> >This is the question and the reply I got from Borland about the
> >legality of copying installation disks.

> >>Dear Sirs,

> >>I don't know whether I got the right place to ask. If not,
> >>please forward this message to the right service. Thanks.

> >>I am using TP 7.0 legally as a teacher. I was now asked to give a
> >>copy of the third installation disk to another user who had an
> >>unrecoverable disk error. I told him to contact you or his dealer
> >>who shurely would replace the defective diskette no matter what
> >>version, as long as this user bought the product.

> >>My question is: do you really do this or is it left to the user
> >>to take care of his disks? And if so, what can a user do if his
> >>installation disks fail at the first installation attempt?

> >>One final word: I really do appreciate TP, it is really a GOOD
> >>product and shurely worth its money!

> >Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:25:26 -0800

> >Subject: defective installation disks -Reply

> >Dear Sir,

> >First, our apologies for the extreme delay answering your message.

> >It is often exceedingly difficult for a person to find replacement disks for
> >old product, especially outside of the United States. It is however,
> >perfectly legal for you to make a copy of your disk and offer as a
> >replacement to your co-worker's defective disk. You might also take the
> >opportunity to make backup copies of your own disks, just in case.

> >Regards,

> >Borland Forum Manager

> I think that it is understood here (but worth pointing out) that in this case
> both the person who had the defective disk and the one who offered to make a
> replacement copy both owned licensed copies of the product at the time.  Since
> the act did not deprive any copyright holder of revenue or otherwise impinge
> upon their rights, it was not an act of piracy.

Hmm... How about copying the disks, coz you got some faulty disks: it isn't BP 7.0 on
them! ?? Only a questtion (not) :)

- Asbj?rn

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. Creating installation disks

3. 11nd disk of BP7 installation

4. Copy / Format Disk

5. Copy Table to Disk

6. Copy Table to Disk

7. Where to order intrebase and Borland installation progr.

8. Problem with installation of Borland Pascal

9. Need installation file for Borland Pascal 7.0

10. Need an installation file for Borland Pascal V. 7.0

11. Installation problem with Borland Pascal under OS/2

12. Need replacement disks for Borland Pascal 7.0