Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX
Author Message
 Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX

Hello World,
again my question: How can I perform exact measurement of a subject's
reaction times (via mouse button) under the different versions of
Windows.
I posted this question some days ago, but did not receive any answer
until now. Can anyone tell me about the reason: is it a stupid questin,
or is there no solution for my problem.

Thanks for any hint.

Greetings,
Matthias

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX
: How can I perform exact measurement of a subject's
: reaction times (via mouse button) under the different versions of
: Windows.

It's possible to do microsecond resolution time measurements with Turbo Pascal
(you asked this in a pascal newsgroup), see for example htimers on
http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/pascal/sources/

But it will probably never be precise if you insist on doing in in Windows.

Btw. if the people have to react to some change on the screen, you should
take into account that the CRT does not display objects immediately
but in the moment the electron beam passes that horizontal line
the next time.

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX

2. running time measurement in UNIX pascal

3. Reaction time accuracy

4. Help with reaction time experiment

5. reaction times

6. qs?.mb files and lost data

7. Database link'n'joining Qs

8. Searching components for visualization of measurement data

9. Searching components for visualization of measurement data

10. chemical reaction program

11. Need Help with BDE Error 11108 Not Exact Read/Write

12. Not Exact Read/Write