I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted
Author Message
 I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

Hi,
I have a TDBGrid, TDataSource and TTable on a form. I created a Paradox
table with DataBase Desktop. The table has three fields. I set field[0], a
numeric field,  to be a key field that I want to set during with calculated
data from another field.

The key field is not displayed in the grid - I am just using it to keep the
data sorted in the grid.

Everything works fine when I insert a new  record, but when I edit an
existing record I get a Record/Key Deleted error message. If I click OK on
the error message box the data posts OK and all is good. I just need to get
rid of the annoying error message.

I am setting the key field from within the BeforePost event handler. I have
also tried the LeaveColum and other event handlers and they all work the
same with the same problem. I have tried setting the field data with the
SetFields method and by accessing the fields directly; they both have the
same problem.

If I remove the "key" attribute from field[0] the error does not occur. But
then the data displayed in the grid is not sorted after post. Is there a
Sort method for tables? I cannot find it. If there is a Sort method I could
forget the key field and sort the table afterwards.

I cannot see what I am doing wrong here. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Tim

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:32:35 GMT
 I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

Quote:

> I have a TDBGrid, TDataSource and TTable on a form.

How do you create a form? I always wanted to know how to create a form under
TP!?!?

Quote:
>I created a Paradox
> table with DataBase Desktop

Paradox? With Borland Pascal? Interesting! How did you do this?!?!?

I.o.w. Try a group with "Delphi" in the title for Delphi questions.

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:26:29 GMT
 I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

Quote:

>>I have a TDBGrid, TDataSource and TTable on a form.

> How do you create a form? I always wanted to know how to create a form under
> TP!?!?

>>I created a Paradox
>>table with DataBase Desktop

> Paradox? With Borland Pascal? Interesting! How did you do this?!?!?

> I.o.w. Try a group with "Delphi" in the title for Delphi questions.

Okay, you can't create forms with TP/BP 7 but there IS a Paradox engine
for them!

Greetings

Markus

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:50:09 GMT
 I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

comp.lang.pascal.borland on Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:32:35 GMT, Tim

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a TDBGrid, TDataSource and TTable on a form. I created a Paradox

Sorry, this is not a Delphi newsgroup.

Wed, 26 May 2004 16:36:18 GMT

1. I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

2. 'Record/Key Deleted' Exception

3. D2: EDBEngineError: 'Record/key deleted'

4. Need help on "Record/Key deleted"

5. Cannot delete or edit record using Delphi 2.01, Personal Oracle, ODBC

6. 'Record/Key deletes' error message, though record exist

7. data aware grid and table - record/key deleted

8. Record/key delete Error???

9. record/key deleted error

10. EdbEngineError - Record/Key deleted

11. <Help> Record Key Deleted

12. Record/Key Deleted Problems w/Paradox