About parallel port....
Author Message
 About parallel port....

How I can read from parallel port, which kind of signal
must be on port?.....when I send out, and after read from
port that's o.k.(data from buffer), but I try with +5V on
port and it doesn't  work....could be on 378h adress I/O?
I also try on 379h(input??)
What I am doing wrong?
BAjobEd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 About parallel port....

Quote:

>How I can read from parallel port, which kind of signal
>must be on port?.....when I send out, and after read from
>port that's o.k.(data from buffer), but I try with +5V on
>port and it doesn't  work....could be on 378h adress I/O?
>I also try on 379h(input??)
>What I am doing wrong?

You're not seeking FAQs on the WWW?

My  pc-urls.htm  contains these references :

Kris Heidenstrom's Parallel Port mini-FAQ
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/kheidens/ppmfaq/khppmfaq.htm

Jan Axelson's  http://www.lvr.com/  :
"The source for information and tools relating to parallel ports,
RS-232 and RS-485 serial communications, 8052-Basic microcontrollers,
and making printed-circuit boards."

"Interfacing to the IBM-PC Parallel Printer Port", Ian Harries,
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/par/ : links and details.

I've not checked these URLs lately; there have been others on the WWW.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Parallel port control

2. Reading a parallel port

3. Redefine the parallel port?

4. Parallel port success!!!!

5. BE: Re: parallel port for data acquisition

6. parallel port for data acquisition

7. Need help with getting data from parallel port

8. Parallel port for data acquisition....Continue!

9. Parallel port I/O code needed.

10. PARALLEL PORT READING

11. Parallel Port Interface

12. PC Parallel Port Programming