Link 2 exe and/or com files
Author Message
 Link 2 exe and/or com files

How can i link my TP 7.0 exe file to another com or exe file so it would
first run my program and then the other "linked" program?

Please mail & post

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Link 2 exe and/or com files

Quote:

> How can i link my TP 7.0 exe file to another com or exe file so it would
> first run my program and then the other "linked" program?

Combining 2 programs in one .EXE is nearly impossible, at least it is
complicated. The exepacker is such a program. At least your program
MUST load the other into memory, establish the segment addresses if it
is a .EXE and then jump to its entry point. You also have to consider
interrupt vectors which might point into your old program.

If you do not want to simply make a .BAT, you can have both programs
on disk and call the other program using the Exec procedure. Make
sure to reserve enough memory for the "child" program. To accomplish
this you must hold the heap necessities of your program low or re-
initialize the heap manager. To hold the cseg needs low you can use
overlays.

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Link 2 exe and/or com files

Quote:

> How can i link my TP 7.0 exe file to another com or exe file so it would
> first run my program and then the other "linked" program?

Exec?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Link 2 exe and/or com files

Quote:

> How can i link my TP 7.0 exe file to another com or exe file so it would
> first run my program and then the other "linked" program?

> Please mail & post

> Thanks in advance.

This is a big problem for exe files. But it shouldn't be for com files.
Com files
don't have any header. You just load it into memory, properly set cs and
ip and they
work. But they end with intterrupt 21h. So there is a problem how to
start the program
that should run next. Try to switch int 21h with jmp to the next program
or to proc
that will start it.

You can do it by another way. Just find a program that can do it for
you.

--
- Goodbye by: -------------------------------------------------

    Student                   http://www2.arnes.si/~osljok6t/
    Ljubljana, Slovenia       Nickname: com, ICQ-Id: 20648951

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. BGI file linked in EXE file?

2. Complain to don@comland.com (was ANNOUNCE: Link Files etc)

3. How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

4. Linking BGI driver into .exe file.???????????

5. Linking an .EXE file in my program

6. Linking EXE and OVL files

7. Linking several exe-files

8. Linking EXE and OVL files

9. EXE making COM

10. EXE/COM Compression

11. Help adding self-checksum data to an EXE/COM

12. Help adding self-checksum data to an EXE/COM