Compiling in Protected Mode
Author Message
 Compiling in Protected Mode

Hi guys & gals...

Had a quick flick thru the faq and I see that BP7 has been discontinued (the
expensive one).

## 1 ##

I have got a real copy of TP7, but I urgently need to get my hands on a copy
of the full Borland Pascal 7 to take advantage of the compiler switch that
allows full use of all extented memory as if it was real memory.

Can anyone point me to either (1) where I can purchase a copy of BP7 or (2)
lend me a copy of this discontinued product or (3) point me at any
upgrades/patches that will allow me to do what I want?

## 2 ##

Also - does this delphi program compile protected DOS programs (as BP7 did)?

## 3 ##

Before I start writing and debugging a load of stuff - can anyone point me
to any free source on the web to do tree-type dialogs (as in what you get
when you open a file/chdir dialog) - but one that allows me to place my own
information in the tree - not just file/dir info?

######

Thanks guys for all your help. Sorry cannot look thru every faq - but any
advice/pointers you guys can give is mucho appreciated.

Jem

p.s. please copy via e-mail.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compiling in Protected Mode

Quote:

>## 1 ##

>I have got a real copy of TP7, but I urgently need to get my hands on a copy
>of the full Borland Pascal 7 to take advantage of the compiler switch that
>allows full use of all extented memory as if it was real memory.

>Can anyone point me to either (1) where I can purchase a copy of BP7 or (2)
>lend me a copy of this discontinued product or (3) point me at any
>upgrades/patches that will allow me to do what I want?

1. Try Eric Engelmann, the used software man, URL in Mini-FAQ [address in
sig] or you might find one for sale at URL: <http://www.ebay.com/>

2. Unlikely legal unless the lender removes it from their system and you
do the same before returning.

3. You could possibly use XMS memory and page in and out as required. Plenty
of XMS units around, including SWAG <URL: http://www.gdsoft.com/swag> and
also at <URL: http://www.pedt.demon.co.uk/usenet/>

Quote:

>## 2 ##

>Also - does this Delphi program compile protected DOS programs (as BP7 did)?

If you have the RTL source then Delphi 1 can be made to compile for real and
protected mode with modified a RTL. Information on how to do this is at

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compiling in Protected Mode
Thanks Pedt for your helpful / no-nonsense reply.

We could do with more of the likesof you on alt.comp.virus

Jem

Quote:

>>## 1 ##

>>I have got a real copy of TP7, but I urgently need to get my hands on a
copy
>>of the full Borland Pascal 7 to take advantage of the compiler switch that
>>allows full use of all extented memory as if it was real memory.

>>Can anyone point me to either (1) where I can purchase a copy of BP7 or
(2)
>>lend me a copy of this discontinued product or (3) point me at any
>>upgrades/patches that will allow me to do what I want?

>1. Try Eric Engelmann, the used software man, URL in Mini-FAQ [address in
>sig] or you might find one for sale at URL: <http://www.ebay.com/>

>2. Unlikely legal unless the lender removes it from their system and you
>do the same before returning.

>3. You could possibly use XMS memory and page in and out as required.
Plenty
>of XMS units around, including SWAG <URL: http://www.gdsoft.com/swag> and
>also at <URL: http://www.pedt.demon.co.uk/usenet/>

>>## 2 ##

>>Also - does this Delphi program compile protected DOS programs (as BP7
did)?

>If you have the RTL source then Delphi 1 can be made to compile for real
and
>protected mode with modified a RTL. Information on how to do this is at

>--
>Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
>Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/
>helpful information  |  http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
>and some guidelines  |  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Unexpected heap overflow in protected mode program compiled by BP7

2. Getting TP to compile a DOS program in Protected Mode

3. protected mode compiling

4. Protected mode VS Real mode ???

5. Real Mode from Protected Mode: Accessing an RMode TSR from PMode

6. Protected mode vs. Real mode

7. Vesa unit for all 256 and 65K color modes (protected,real mode)

8. Real mode Interrupts and pointers in Protected Mode

9. Real mode > protected mode, BGI error :-(

10. Comment compile t'on un programme tp7 en mode protégé avec tpx

11. Multitasking under BP protected mode

12. Printer Problem in Protected Mode