COM serial communications
Author Message
 COM serial communications

Thanks for reading this,

I am currently trying to write a program to transfer data via serial cable.
I have had no luck with int 14h, and am not really willing to delve into
ports (big time investment which may not pay off).

I know that Borland has written a TPU for serial communications, but I have
not been able to find it anywhere.  Could anyone out there please post it to
me or, failing that, could you post me the FTP site and directory.

Thanks in anticipation
  Andrew

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 COM serial communications

Quote:

> Thanks for reading this,

> I am currently trying to write a program to transfer data via serial cable.
> I have had no luck with int 14h, and am not really willing to delve into
> ports (big time investment which may not pay off).

It does pay off... check out my Pascal demo program in the Web:

http://www.muc.de/~stephanm/terminalprg.html

It covers:
* direct UART programing
* interrupt driven UART control
* input and output buffering
* enabling the 16550A features (the working FIFO)
* checking which UART is behind a specified port

Quote:
> Thanks in anticipation
>   Andrew

Stephan

       <<< Bug is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp. >>>

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. serial communications....

2. Timeout in serial communication

3. REQ: serial communication between 2 pc's using borland pascal for windows

4. Serial Communications interupt chaining.

5. pcl4p61.zip Personal serial communications library pascal, MarshallSoft

6. A few questions: problem with FindFirst/FindNext, serial communications and SB/SBPro access - [READ]

7. Serial communications and Parasoft MID

8. Communication on serial port

9. Help with serial communications PLEASE!

10. PLEASE HELP - need serial communication routine

11. Help me: Serial communication

12. A few questions: problem with FindFirst/FindNext, serial communications and SB/SBPro access