Turbo Pascal 5.5 Large Drive Function/Procedure
Author Message
 Turbo Pascal 5.5 Large Drive Function/Procedure

Does anyone know how to get the true size of a drive larger than 2 gig?

I have a utility called DISKSTAT which displays the drive size, free space
and used space and it
does not work on drives larger than 2 gig.

Anyone?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Turbo Pascal 5.5 Large Drive Function/Procedure
The utility you are using probably uses the diskfree and disksize functions
out of the DOS unit.  The problem with them is they only return a longint
which ranges from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647 (2 gig).  If it is over
that, it defaults to 2 gig.  The easiest way I can think of to get these
values is to execute a chkdsk command and put it into a file.  You can then
read the file and get the results.

Rick

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to get the true size of a drive larger than 2 gig?

>I have a utility called DISKSTAT which displays the drive size, free space
>and used space and it
>does not work on drives larger than 2 gig.

>Anyone?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. rdates10.zip Turbo Pascal File Functions and Procedures

2. turbo pascal 5.5 instructions in how to install a complier

3. Keyboard Configuration to Turbo Pascal 5.5

4. Need help in Turbo Pascal 5.5

5. Turbo Pascal 5.5 download site

6. Learn/Reference for Turbo Pascal 5.5

7. Anyone have Turbo Pascal 5.5?

8. Turbo Pascal 5.5

9. need turbo pascal 5.5. hlp file

10. where can i get turbo pascal 5.5 or higher for free

11. Free Turbo Pascal 5.5 from Borland

12. Using Turbo Pascal version 5.5 in Windows 95