help! A question regarding standard pascal programming
Author Message
 help! A question regarding standard pascal programming

Hi there.
I'm a novice programmer and need some help in TPW 1.5

How can I write a function to determine is the printer is on line and
is ready to print.
I realize the printer is essentially a file to send data to. However
when I check to see if 'PRN' exists (when the printer is actually off
line) I get a file is open responce. But when I send data to the
printer to be printed, the program crashes!?

I would realy appriciate if someone would help me.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 help! A question regarding standard pascal programming

:How can I write a function to determine is the printer is on line and
:is ready to print.

This tricky task is handled in the inevitable

 96535 Mar 30 20:19 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Question regarding Borland Pascal with Objects v7.01 and

2. If you have any questions regarding pascal...

3. Help regarding the Nntp demo program with Delphi 2.0 C/S

4. Grabbing Standard Input in Unix Pascal Programs

5. Question regarding Quick Report and runtime packages

6. Couple of quick questions regarding txt files...

7. Where to find good books regarding Delphi programming?

8. Question regarding Paradox table names, any comments?

9. DelpLink/Delphi Question regarding keyword lists

10. Question regarding tree traversal

11. Question regarding TTable.AfterPost, probably very simple..?

12. Some lame questions regarding TP and Delphi