Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?
Author Message
 Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?

Hi Folks!

I've heard about a program that converts Pascal units (*.TPU)
back into their source code (*.PAS).

There are versions that can handle Pascal 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0
units, I've been told.

Where can I find such a program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards

Gerd

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?

said...

Quote:
>I've heard about a program that converts Pascal units (*.TPU)
>back into their source code (*.PAS).
>There are versions that can handle Pascal 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0
>units, I've been told.
>Where can I find such a program?

It's a myth.  Such programs do not exist, at least in a sense where they'd
be useful.

In general, it's not useful to try to convert compiled object code into
source language.  This applies to other compilers as well as pascal.

If what you were trying to do is get around a "unit format" error that
occurred because a unit was compiled for a different version of the
compiler, having a de-compiler will not ensure success.  Even having the
original source code doesn't ensure success if the original programmer
referenced something that is handled differently in the next compiler
release.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?
Hi,

As far as I know, there is no way to convert TPU -> PAS.

You can quite easily disassemble a TPU to machine code - that's what it
is anyway, but I don't really see anyone going to the trouble of
converting all that machine code to a PAS file.

If there really is a TPU -> PAS program, please let me know.

- Adam.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. convert TPU to PAS?

2. Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?