how to copy files in pascal!!
Author Message
 how to copy files in pascal!!

Can someone tell me how to copy files in turbo Pascal?

I need help, any help, fast, before friday!!

Thanks
Ryan Lee

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how to copy files in pascal!!

Quote:

> Can someone tell me how to copy files in turbo pascal?

> I need help, any help, fast, before friday!!

> Thanks
> Ryan Lee

Use untyped files with blockread.

Good luck,

Remco

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how to copy files in pascal!!

Quote:
>Can someone tell me how to copy files in turbo pascal?

>I need help, any help, fast, before friday!!

See example for BlockRead in the online help.

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how to copy files in pascal!!

Quote:

>Can someone tell me how to copy files in turbo pascal?

Read the help for BlockRead. Of course, if you do use the example code
listed there, I hope you get an 'F'.

Think about it for a minute;

How do you copy a file?

1. Get filename to copy
2. Get filename to copy to
3. Open original file
4. Read blocks of data from original file
5. Write to new file
6. Go to #4 until end of file
7. Close files

Quote:
>I need help, any help, fast, before friday!!

Homework deadline?

--

Humming along under SuSE Linux 6.0 / OS/2 Warp 4

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how to copy files in pascal!!

Quote:

>Can someone tell me how to copy files in turbo pascal?

>I need help, any help, fast, before friday!!

If you had got and read the well-known FAQ, you would already have the
information : see Sig line 3, read item #62.

If you have a slow system, it *might* be better to have the size of
bufferType a multiple of 512, or of your cluster size, or a power of two
- test it.

Remember, however, that if yours is a course-work question, your teacher
should already be familiar with TSFAQP and should recognise code-
copying.  One could write substantially different code to copy a text
file, for instance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. How do you copy files in Pascal?

2. Copying files in Pascal

3. copying files from CD to c:\XX directory in Pascal

4. Copy Files under Borland Pascal for Windows 7.0

5. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

6. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

7. Copy working files to Notebook cpu

8. Problems while copying a file

9. copy file to lpt#?

10. how to copy a file?

11. Copy files from one drive to another

12. copy file