TPW - wincrt menu problem
Author Message
 TPW - wincrt menu problem

I have coded a small college project using the wincrt unit in turbo Pascal
for windows.  The problem is I now find wincrt VERY limiting.  I have
managed to get it to display a menu from which a popup menu displays, but I
cant get it to recognise a user selecting an item from it.  I think its
something to do with messages, but I cant get it working.  Ive looked
through loads of wobjects examples but I cant 'port' the code over to make
it work with wincrt.

Can someone pllllleeeeeeeeeeese help.  My deadline is fast approaching

chris.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TPW - wincrt menu problem

This is from the TPW FAW available at borlands FTP site:

<<
 WinCrt is an emulation of the Dos and Crt units.  Basically, it provides a
quick and dirty means of output to a Windows window.  It's not intended
to be a Dos to Windows porting service - WinCrt apps are not full Windows
apps - just a Windows window with some text, key scanning loops, and
scrollbars.

  Note that writelns to the 'screen' will cause a runtime error in TPW
unless the WinCrt unit is used. (WinCrt opens the standard Input and
Output files, which are closed by default in TPW).  The Readln, Keypressed,
procedures, etc., are also only valid under the WinCrt umbrella. The text
colors and text inverse are not supported.  And since WinCrt takes control of
the message loop and dispatch services of your windows app, WinCrt cannot be
used in conjunction with OWL. You can call Windows API functions directly,
however.

In other words, you need to make your own window.  What I used to do (when I
stil used winCRT) is just edit the WinCRT unit.  Change the name to "NewCRT" or
something, but edit the source in that and you can use OWL somewhat.

Quote:

>I have coded a small college project using the wincrt unit in turbo
>pascal

for windows.  The problem is I now find wincrt VERY limiting.  I
Quote:
>have

managed to get it to display a menu from which a popup menu displays,
Quote:
>but I

cant get it to recognise a user selecting an item from it.  I think
Quote:
>its

something to do with messages, but I cant get it working.  Ive
Quote:
>looked

through loads of wobjects examples but I cant 'port' the code over to
Quote:
>make

it work with wincrt.

Can someone pllllleeeeeeeeeeese help.  My deadline

Quote:
>is fast approaching

chris.

***Andrew Bishop

***Veggie Tales Fan
 ___
/     \
| 00 |      _____
|  o  |    /   00   \
|  U |    |     o     |
\     /    \   \_/   /

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Popdown menus in TPW 1.5 using wincrt

2. wincrt & menus

3. Question on WinCrt of TPW 1.5

4. TPW 1.5 WINCRT unit - screen sizing

5. How control Cursor-Keys with TPW 1.5 in a WinCRT-Window

6. Copying from TPW WinCrt text window

7. I need wincrt.tpw

8. How control Cursor-Keys with TPW 1.5 in a WinCRT-Window

9. Graphics, TPW, The WinCRT unit & objectWindows

10. TPW 1.5 WinCRT question

11. Modified WinCrt of TPW 1.5

12. How Do You Make A Floating Menu in TPW