Clearscreen?
Author Message
 Clearscreen?

can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:

> can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

ClrScr, unit crt.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?
This is an example program;

program clearscreen;
uses
 crt;
begin
 clrscr;
end.

  Add Uses crt; to your program, and then run clrscr; anywhere in your
code you want to clear the screen.

Bill Mott

Quote:

> can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?
   And now we can wait for his post(s) about the RTE 200 aborts he'll be
getting when he uses CRT, eh?  If he didn't read the FAQ to learn about
how to clear the screen, can we expect him to consult it when he starts
having problems?  8<{{
Quote:
> This is an example program;

> program clearscreen;
> uses
>  crt;
> begin
>  clrscr;
> end.

>   Add Uses crt; to your program, and then run clrscr; anywhere in your
> code you want to clear the screen.

> > can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:

>> can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

>ClrScr, unit crt.

Apathy seems too apathetic to have read Timo's FAQ (perhaps #117 needs a
mention of ClrScr and an Xref to #124???) - shall we tell him about
RTE200, or wait and see?

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:

>   And now we can wait for his post(s) about the RTE 200 aborts he'll be
>getting when he uses CRT, eh?  If he didn't read the FAQ to learn about
>how to clear the screen, can we expect him to consult it when he starts
>having problems?  8<{{

Yeah Mike, you are a cynic after my own heart! ;-)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:
>Apathy seems too apathetic to have read Timo's FAQ (perhaps #117 needs a
>mention of ClrScr and an Xref to #124???) - shall we tell him about
>RTE200, or wait and see?

Or maybe he didnt know about the FAQ, being that this is his first post in this
group...  How dare he...

Regardless, I tried clearing the screen with Uses Crt, and it worked fine.  I
have a K-6 300.  Is the error that mentioned in the FAQ one that occurs every
time, or just when it feels like it?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:

> can someone tell me how to do this in turbo 7.0?  thanks!

Easy! :)
Uses CRT;
clrscr;

hehe

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:
>>Apathy seems too apathetic to have read Timo's FAQ (perhaps #117 needs a
>>mention of ClrScr and an Xref to #124???) - shall we tell him about
>>RTE200, or wait and see?

>Or maybe he didnt know about the FAQ, being that this is his first post in this
>group...  How dare he...

Perhaps you haven't bothered to read any other posts in the group first
or look for a FAQ (which is to be found in most groups excluding alt.*).
If you can't wait till next Sunday, you can get a copy of the Mini-FAQ
from:
        http://www.pascal.force9.co.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt
        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt

And Timo's FAQ from:
        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

Quote:

>Regardless, I tried clearing the screen with Uses Crt, and it worked fine.  I
>have a K-6 300.  Is the error that mentioned in the FAQ one that occurs every
>time, or just when it feels like it?

Under DOS the error will happen every time. If you are running in a DOS
box under windows then it *will* be intermittent due to the windows
overhead.

--
Pedt Scragg

No-one is completely useless, they can always be a bad example.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:
>Regardless, I tried clearing the screen with Uses Crt, and it worked
fine.  I
>have a K-6 300.  Is the error that mentioned in the FAQ one that
occurs every
>time, or just when it feels like it?

The latter, depending on the speed of the computer. It's just waiting
for you to lose your source code (while upgrading to a faster
machine). Then it will happen every time when you can't patch and
recompile any more.

FP

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:
>>Or maybe he didnt know about the FAQ, being that this is his first post in
this
>>group...  How dare he...

>Perhaps you haven't bothered to read any other posts in the group first
>or look for a FAQ (which is to be found in most groups excluding alt.*).

Jesus christ ;)
Just answer the mans question!!    Hell, *I* have'nt read that freaking FAQ
:)

I mean, he asked about how to use the clrscr command, and somebody
answered..
No big deal really... sometimes I think you guys start a long discussion
just to discuss...

Telemachos

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?
I'd like to thank all the people who were kind enough to answer my question as
opposed to jumping all over me about a FAQ I had never heard of.

All your help is appreciated!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:

>>>Or maybe he didnt know about the FAQ, being that this is his first post in
>this
>>>group...  How dare he...

>>Perhaps you haven't bothered to read any other posts in the group first
>>or look for a FAQ (which is to be found in most groups excluding alt.*).

>Jesus christ ;)
>Just answer the mans question!!    Hell, *I* have'nt read that freaking FAQ
>:)

In that case, you are either maintaining your state of pristine
ignorance; or regrettably depriving us of hearing of any minor
emendations that your genius could tell us of.

On those lines, clax suggests that it may be well to add HLT after OUT
at the end of #49; and maybe to do something to the PCI.  Comment?

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c. FAQqish topics & links.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

Quote:
> I'd like to thank all the people who were kind enough to answer my question as
> opposed to jumping all over me about a FAQ I had never heard of.

> All your help is appreciated!

   Regardless of your ignorance of the FAQ (list), it exists and should
be used - before leaping into a NG with a simple questions which has been
asked and answered hundreds of times here.  That's not to "flame" you,
but to alert you (and others) that a spate of repeated FAQs tends to
needlessly clutter the 'Net and get in the way of the (more) meaningful
discourse many of us seek.  The FAQs exist to cover the most Frequently
Asked Questions, and users are well advised to find them (in the NGs they
frequent) and explore them before posting.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Clearscreen?

:Jesus christ ;)
:Just answer the mans question!!    Hell, *I* have'nt read that freaking FAQ

He's online?

Moderating at ftp:// & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.
Advice on spam foiling at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/spamfoil.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 26 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages